the fucking days are fucking long

it fucking gets you fucking down

evidently chicken town
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: John Cooper Clarke
Jan 17, 2009, 10:00
superb lyrics. makes me want to drink meths but great fucking lyrics.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 17, 2009, 11:14
They are indeed great lyrics ... but they were written by a smackhead! That's worse than being on the grog, surely?
dee
1955 posts

Re: Alcohol
Jan 17, 2009, 13:28
Exactly!
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jan 17, 2009, 15:31
Thw worst things about smackheads tends to be what they do to get smack, not what they do when they have smack. If you could buy narcotics from a supermarket would you go home and take them and beat the shit out of your missus?
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Jan 17, 2009, 18:15
totally what you said.

alcohol is responsible for more divorces, deaths, murders and brutal fucking beatings every year than i should imagine all the other drugs in the world put together.

i'm not saying that there aren't tragic smack,crack,crank,charley,amphetamine cases and that they're equally as tragic when the person dies or ends up destitute as the booze cases.

but booze can turn a normal human being into a fucking animal inside an hour, can make that mild mannered person go to being narked and then to be sullen and then to explosively violent in fuckin no time whatsoever.

it's more dangerous than smack because you can buy it from absolutely anywhere and you can ingest enough of it outside your local shop there on the pavement to require an ambulance and a stomach pump. it's a lethal drug that's dressed up to be socially acceptable when it isn't socially acceptable to roll about the floor vomitting your curry out or jumping all over some blokes fucking head cos he accidentally bumped into you (cos he's pissed and can't walk straight). the same as it isn't acceptable to turn your back on your family to sit in the fucking pub night after night getting wankered leaving your partner to bring the kids up whilst you squander what money there is available for you all to enjoy your lives.

it's fucking pitiful.

from a bottle of Bolinger to a can of white lightning it's exactly the same fucking drug. the bolly will get you to exactly the same place as the white lightning.

doesn't that in itself show us all how fucking stupid we are for being duped into thinking that it's the quality of the taste as opposed to where your head is after two or three drinks ?

i stand by what i said. the stuff is a fucking mass killer and a breaker down (in all the wrong ways) of society. and if everyone dumped it for a year we'd all be living in a better world.

it's a fucking poison. and it'll bite you a lot harder than you think if it gets you.
christine88
1 posts

Jan 19, 2009, 08:44
We have drug testing products designed for employee and student testing. These test help you conveniently and easily administer the tests at workplace or school location. You can use these tests for random testing of some students or employees. These drug testing products can also be used for periodic screening.

==========================

christine

Drug Intervention North Carolina
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 20, 2009, 09:40
Shelby Mustang wrote:

it's horses for courses man

Indeed. Your circumstances sound very different from mine - I have no children and a girlfriend who drinks/smokes as much weed as I do, so I don't feel like I'm shirking my responsibilities or missing out on anything I would otherwise be able/willing to do if I didn't drink.

Plus, it has to be said, most relationships I've had might never have got off the ground if it wasn't for the lowering of inhibitions provided by moderate social drinking. Being inclined towards shyness / introversion, it makes me a lot more relaxed around people (pareticularly if I don't know them that well). If, on the other hand, you actually rely on alcohol to get you threough each day, then you DO have a problem, but I can go three or four days without drinking and not miss it at all, so I don't think I'm at that stage. Yet...
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jan 20, 2009, 12:15
Interesting debate - not sure there's too much disagreement here though - those who have a problem with alcohol should get/be given help, education - those who don't should continue to enjoy alcohol.

I apologise if I'm reading to much into peoples posts here but those most staunchly advocating a ban seem to feel that alcohol took their lives somewhere that they didn't want to be? Me, I don't feel that way - I'm fairly sure that Mrs LD doesn't and I'd die before I did anything to compromise my children - oh but I do enjoy the odd drink and have even been known to get a little tipsy from time to time.

Vybik - you know it pains me to pick you up on anything you say HOWEVER...
Vybik Jon wrote:
I think it's because on a drug usage/harm to others comparison, alcohol is way out in front.

Whilst you're undoubtedly right in terms of absolute numbers of cases it has to be is related to usage*. I'd guess (and it is a guess) that 60 - 70% of those who drink alcohol do so without creating social problems, ending up in A&E etc, I'd imagine that only a very small % of heroin users can keep it a harmless recreation? Interesting debate as to where cannibis sits between these two poles - I'd image? Given this maths and the duty raised by alcohol it is even possible that the damage/treatments required are even self funding - although I'm going way out of my depth here - albeit by a alcohol consuming majority who will never have the need for these treatments?

Damn that Chateau Lafitte......

*A point I think you acknowledged but I feel has to mentioned with the statement above
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2009, 13:22
Jan 20, 2009, 13:11
Locodogz wrote:
I'd guess (and it is a guess) that 60 - 70% of those who drink alcohol do so without creating social problems, ending up in A&E etc, I'd imagine that only a very small % of heroin users can keep it a harmless recreation? Interesting debate as to where cannibis sits between these two poles - I'd image? Given this maths ...

For somebody guessing thats a very low number of non trouble making alcohol users you've plucked out of the air. You're saying that between 30-40% of alcohol users create social problems, thats an astonishingly high guess IMO. Personally, if I thought it was that high I'd go on a full on old school methodist 'ban satans liquid' protest. To then go on to say that you're sure the percentage of Heroin users causing social problems is probably higher, I wouldn't disagreee with that. But I also wouldn't say it without any data to back any of it up. Edit : You really shouldn't say 'given this maths' when you openly admit that you're plucking figures from the air, it aint maths then is it. Sorry, I'm a maths bloke you're unsettling me ;)

As for cannabis users causing social problems ? I strongly disagree there, if there are the percentage would be a hell of a lot lower than the figure you've picked for Alcohol. Well, as we're guessing here *twitch* I'd say its less than 1%. That is of course unless you consider giggling a lot in public and emptying the all night garage of all it's sugar based consumables social problems. :D

However, to talk about the dangers of alcohol I recently saw some figures of life expectancy in Russia. The chances of making it over the age of 65
Women : 79 % Men : 42%. Thats pretty horrifying, the main causes are alcohol and suicide. However the reasons why Russian men drink themselves to death are obviously going to be more to do with the society than the alcohol itself.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index