Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Nov 30, 2007, 03:41
Re: F-ing intolerant religious maniacs
Nov 30, 2007, 03:30
"its arguable that beheading is more humane..."
For adultery? Nobody gets executed in the west for anything less than murder.

Don't mistake me as being sympathetic to either. Fundamentalist Islam, Fundamentalist Xtianity.... both are backwards, willfully ignorant, and hostile. I wouldn't want to live under either crazy belief system. You make it sound as if I'm siding with the Xtian kooks, but I'm just playing 'least of two bad scenarios' here, and totally reject the idea that a two thousand year old piece of paper is ultimate truth or law.

Good grief... if you've read enough of my posts you know I'm no holy roller nor would I ever surrender to that sort of fucked up shit.

But just to clarify, there's a whole lot more going on in comparison 'twixt the two than the apples and oranges of how either executes people. Women's rights, for example. And I'm pretty damn sure that 'honor killings' are not a feature of any branch of Xtianity that I've ever heard of. Neither is the public flogging of rape victims, ala Saudi Arabia (though the freaking Xtian fundies would force them to carry their rapists child to term.. even in an incest situation).

You get my general drift, I hope?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index