U-Know! Forum »
Incredible and terrible

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: F-ing intolerant religious maniacs
Nov 29, 2007, 18:38
There's probably gonna be alot of monkeys on the right screaming about this, though.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 29, 2007, 18:40
Its completely untrue, there are loads of Islamic nursery rhymes http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=islamic+nursery+rhymes

Its hard to remember, unless you keep pinching yourself, that its not muslims its crap muslims, backward, bitter, medieval ones. And we have people exactly like that, people that say sex is the way to hell and the bible is absolute truth. I guess miserable ignorant bastards are evenly distributed world wide.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Nov 29, 2007, 19:01
nigelswift wrote:

Its completely untrue, there are loads of Islamic nursery rhymes http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=islamic+nursery+rhymes

Its hard to remember, unless you keep pinching yourself, that its not muslims its crap muslims, backward, bitter, medieval ones. And we have people exactly like that, people that say sex is the way to hell and the bible is absolute truth. I guess miserable ignorant bastards are evenly distributed world wide.

Well said. All religions have their nutcases, and fortunately, unless they manage to contain and live out their little despotic fantasies through creating little cults for themselves, their ramblings usually amount to just that. Ramblings.
It's just unfortunate that in many places such interpretations on religions are used by evil little bastards wot need their balls kicked to govern and control so many poor people.

And here is her fate

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/26765/Teddy-bear-teacher-jailed-in-Sudan

x
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Nov 29, 2007, 19:11
Absolutely correct on every count.
Tho if it came down to having to endure a fundamentalist Xtian world or a fundamentalist Muslim world, I'd have to choose the former. At least Xtian fundies don't lop off body parts or heads of 'criminals' (adultery is punished by beheading in Saudi Arabia, oh yes, our good friends the Saudis), or flog and imprison people for naming a teddy bear after a prophet.

I realize I risk sounding a bit intolerant myself when I focus on 'crap Muslims', but I've had enough politically correct mincing around the subject. Some PC'rs may believe that it's a matter of being 'culturally sensitive', I say bullshit to that. I don't mince words when I criticize my own culture's religious and cultural madness and I'm not about to do so with anyone else's.

Maybe someday this old world will arrive at a universal consensus that honors human beings basic rights to make mistakes without facing sadistic punishment. Maybe. Doesn't look too imminent.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Nov 29, 2007, 19:52
handofdave wrote:

Maybe someday this old world will arrive at a universal consensus that honors human beings basic rights to make mistakes without facing sadistic punishment. Maybe. Doesn't look too imminent.

Oh that old chestnut...as dear old Morrissey once put it, 'Barbarism begins at home'.

He's right ya know
:-I

x
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

what exactly is the deal?
Nov 29, 2007, 21:14
Why can people name their baby mohammed but not their bear?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: what exactly is the deal?
Nov 29, 2007, 21:27
Merrick wrote:
Why can people name their baby mohammed but not their bear?

There's a law in Islam that you cannot portray the prophet Mohammed (idolatry). So to make a graven image of him (he wasn't a fuzzy little stuffed animal with button eyes, but hey) is considered blasphemy.

Mohammed was a popular name in the region long before it was connected with Islam, I guess, so if you name your child Mohammed, it's not a crime.

Or something. I'm probably miles off.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 30, 2007, 01:39
"Tho if it came down to having to endure a fundamentalist Xtian world or a fundamentalist Muslim world, I'd have to choose the former. At least Xtian fundies don't lop off body parts or heads of 'criminals' "

Not sure if you'd be on a safe bet with that. If you say an old book is the answer to everything you are giving up your sense of compassion and putting a piece of paper in charge, and that certainly has no sense of human decency.

There's just been something on the TV about comparing their nuts with ours. 135 beheadings in Saudi this year but not far short of that number of lethal injections in Texas - and its arguable that beheading is more humane...
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Nov 30, 2007, 03:41
Nov 30, 2007, 03:30
"its arguable that beheading is more humane..."
For adultery? Nobody gets executed in the west for anything less than murder.

Don't mistake me as being sympathetic to either. Fundamentalist Islam, Fundamentalist Xtianity.... both are backwards, willfully ignorant, and hostile. I wouldn't want to live under either crazy belief system. You make it sound as if I'm siding with the Xtian kooks, but I'm just playing 'least of two bad scenarios' here, and totally reject the idea that a two thousand year old piece of paper is ultimate truth or law.

Good grief... if you've read enough of my posts you know I'm no holy roller nor would I ever surrender to that sort of fucked up shit.

But just to clarify, there's a whole lot more going on in comparison 'twixt the two than the apples and oranges of how either executes people. Women's rights, for example. And I'm pretty damn sure that 'honor killings' are not a feature of any branch of Xtianity that I've ever heard of. Neither is the public flogging of rape victims, ala Saudi Arabia (though the freaking Xtian fundies would force them to carry their rapists child to term.. even in an incest situation).

You get my general drift, I hope?
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Incredible and terrible
Nov 30, 2007, 06:17
"Twenty of the 23 children opted for Mohammed..."

I suppose those twenty poor little mites will be flogged at some point

I really hope she is able to get out of there fast

What kind of sick minds would do that to a person who means well ?

hmmm....racism rearing it's ugly head again

What a sad fucked up world it is
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index