22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited May 30, 2008, 12:45
Re: Monbiot - a real head
May 30, 2008, 12:43
Yes, bang on.

I got that. Soon as she was born they virtually shoved her face in my boobies (sorry) and I was supposed to know what I was doing, as off they went. She spent the time in hospital screaming with hunger, stuck on me like a bloody limpet, and eventually (probably coz they were bored with it) said they would bottle feed her for me, I hadn't slept for days.

I thought formula would poison her I'd been so shoved the breastfeeding line, but she couldn't feed from me. I was just so confused, hormones everywhere etc.

Re my babe and her weight loss (oh and we had to travel 16 miles just to get her WEIGHED because our local baby unit was closed), I eventually saw one Indian doctor chap who you could tell arrived here with a bit more old school common sense than alot of them I saw.

He explained to me that there is a phenomenon amongst some women where the breastmilk, after the watery stuff goes away (what's it called again?) for whatever reason does not happen, or it happens in teeny amounts. In some villages, breastfeeding is shared, not in tune with what we want here of course, but hey - someone understood me.

Some nursing animals have the same woes it seems, and pups/kittens etc die as a result.

Of course formula milk shouldn't make fasle claims (nothing should), but I felt a failure enough without any more being laid on it.

Said enough now:-)

x

U-Know! Forum Index