22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited May 29, 2008, 07:46
Re: Monbiot - a real head
May 29, 2008, 07:36
Sort of agree with you there

What Mon Bee Oh does not realise or chooses to dismiss is that for some women breast feeding isn't an option, which does not fit in with his agenda at all here.

In my case, my breastmilk just did not happen, dispite every nurse and health visitor I saw telling me the little un was latched on properly etc.
Babe was losing weight big style, formula saved her life.
Bit condescending of him to assume he can speak about this with any real authority.

And how does a woman in a third world country who barely has got the nutrients to keep herself alive do the same? Or one in our Western world who isn't well enough to do so? Use milk from a bank? Not everyone likes the idea. Can make a mum feel like even more a of a failure.

Every woman *wants* to breastfeed, it's a natural instinc, an ideal, so I think he should but out of this one TBH.

My daugher starts school this year, and is as healthy an beautifully obtuse as the rest of em, well more so;-)

EDIT:
**Women greatly overestimated the difficulties of producing milk**

Oh is that right? He can speak for 'women' now can he?

Does he even know about those labour wards where women after caserean more or less have no ability to breastfeed for days and as a consequence any milk they do have 'dries up'?

And perhpas he has chosen his statistcis well. There will be as many children bottle fed by lazy mums who have grown up to be perfeclty healthy, but we won't hear about them.

Ah what's the point:-(

x

U-Know! Forum Index