Register
U-Know! Forum »
why do the tabloids get away with it?

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited May 30, 2007, 18:23
Re: why do the tabloids get away with it?
May 30, 2007, 18:21
Well I can sleep at night, even though this riles something in me and others who have children. There's nothing 'false' about that, it's how human beings react to things. You gotta forgive that. Dunno if you've got kids, but it can make your thinking a bit 'fuzzy'! ;-)

If there are cries for the 'bastard wot did it' to be castrated and calls for tickets to see the deed perfomed they generally won't come from the more intelligent of us. Take that up with the fools of the world, tell it to them!

I can't see any mass hysteria going on. Life hasn't been affected at all, save for the odd moment of contemplation of , 'what if it was my daughter?' But those thoughts don't spur me to go and wear tee shirts with the little girl's face on. Maybe the media have been a bit mawkish here but hey that did happen over an 'adult' too you know - Ken Bigley for one.

I agree there is a dangerous right wing rationale that children are innocent and adults are tainted and deserve wrath and hellfire should they fall short but I don't give a shite what these eejits think as it's only about their own sick stupidity. We shouldn't use their agenda as a valid reaction to anything in this damn world, should we?

x

U-Know! Forum Index