Register
U-Know! Forum »
why do the tabloids get away with it?

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: why do the tabloids get away with it?
May 30, 2007, 17:19
pooley wrote:
Considering their faith, I imagine it will do a great deal for them. Obviously it won't bring their daughter bavk, ut if meeting a spiritual leader (in their faith, not mine BTW) gives them any small amount of comfort, how can anyone begrudge them it?

Ah! I presume I was meant to already know they were Catholics!

It may well be my error. I don't watch much TV and occasionally it catches me out (the number of billboards that are utterly baffling if you haven't seen the TV ad tie-in). If the TV coverage has made much of the Catholic thing then it all makes sense now.

The radio didn't mention it at all, so I presumed he was sort of meant to be actually doing something, like when they got Gordon Brown to ring up Portuguese authorities.

pooley wrote:
I haven't got a problem with the media overkill in this case. If someone sees a picture and remembers something it is worthwhile.

You think there might be someone who hasn't seen the story yet?

pooley wrote:
It's individual cases that bring out the humanity in people and the best in groups of people. Once you stop caring about the one, and talk in groups i think you are in danger of just spouting facts and figures, and not caring about people.

Very good point very well made.

But it just nauseates me how it's always pretty white girls. That bias is inexcusable and it angers me. Even before the appalling syrupy manipulation of emotions that'd shame the conclusion of a Steve Martin movie.

U-Know! Forum Index