Vegetarians who eat fish..

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Vegetarians who eat fish..
Nov 21, 2006, 22:42
Humans have brains, and can make decisions. They aren't tied to one food source, like pandas to bamboo leaves.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Nov 22, 2006, 00:32
PMM wrote:
Humans have brains, and can make decisions. They aren't tied to one food source, like pandas to bamboo leaves.

It also hinges on where you live. Why would you be a vegan if you lived in the arctic or in the high steppes? You eat meat because that is what the environment supports.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Nov 22, 2006, 00:54
I'm well aware of that. Here in the West, we do have the choice. Where that choice is forcing people on a marginal diet to grow cash crops or animal feed to feed anaimals to feed us, perhaps we need to choose differently.
licornenoire
licornenoire
18 posts

Nov 22, 2006, 06:44
The way meat is produced (I've had 1st hand experience when packing live foie gras geese into boxes) and the quantity and low quality of it, is crazy. The range of 'dead' ,poisened, genetically mucked up veg. on offer in most places isn't exactly inspiring either.....
Duncalexgeorge
4 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 00:52
If you don't have the balls to kill it, you really shouldn't be eating it should you. The biggest hypocrisy in the whole vegetarian/carnivore debate centres on meat-eaters who don't kill their own meat but prefer it killed by slaughtermen at a safe distance. The steak you're eating didn't begin life wrapped in plastic on a shelf in the supermarket.......
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 08:22
Well said that person!

(((charrr)))
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Nov 24, 2006, 10:35
Nov 24, 2006, 10:12
That's what farmers and abbatior workers have always been for. They use the services of others. What's the difference? We don't demand that they take their own rubbish to landfill sites or insist they fit their own carpets after they've bought them (they can if they want, but they may choose not to).
EDIT:
Welcome by the way!
x
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Nov 25, 2006, 19:25
Totally agree! Nowt worse than sterile supermarket meat on a polystyrene tray covered in clingfilm. Just another supermarket product, removed from its natural beginnings. And have you noticed how supermatket meat almost glows with an eerie red light?
dee
1955 posts

Nov 30, 2006, 12:09
There is a bit of a difference between taking a life and taking yer rubbish down the tip........c'mon!
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Nov 30, 2006, 14:34
Yes. I agree. But I was responding to the suggestion that meat eaters are hipocrates unless they kill our own food. That only works if you think it's morally wrong to kill animals for food, and I don't. I do however, like most of us, get upset when 'cute' animals (or any of the big magnificent ones) become coats or handbags for some brainless bint on a catwalk. I do try to be consitent there, but I concede, I fail. I make up my own moral code for that one.
x
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index