U-Know! Forum »
Vegetarians who eat fish..

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dee
1955 posts

Re: Vegetarians who eat fish..
Nov 03, 2006, 13:37
Well done for being vegan!! I think we are the only two on this forum!!!
Stormy
Stormy
6 posts

Re: Vegetarians don't eat fish..
Nov 03, 2006, 15:11
Yeah well early in in my veganism it was still debateable among vegans... I am talking nearly 19 years ago...in recent years it has become a no no....that is what I meant :0) Same as the leather debate... some vegans still wear it... I do not as I think it is hypercritical but thats my personal choice!!
Stormy
Stormy
6 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 15:13
Thanks xxx and you too... Yay us!! hehehe

Thankfully I know many more in every day life :0)
dee
1955 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 15:35
Yowza!! I dont know many vegans in real life ;-( and like i said most of my veggie friends have started eating fish :-( Hey, I think that Merrick who posts on here is a vegan, at least he used to be, so that makes three!!!
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 15:41
Geez, Shouldn't your kids have a choice if they are to be 'lifetime vegans'?
dee
1955 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 15:52
I suppose so, i was never given the choice when i was a kid....i HAD to eat meat, no choice, when i was 16/17 i made the choice to give up, it works both ways dude.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 19:28
I have a second cousin who decided to raise her son from birth on a diet devoid of all animal fats, with the intention of making him healthier.

It backfired completely. The poor kid ended up mentally deficient and prone to seizures because his brain didn't develop properly. Now he's got the intellect of a child and needs to take expensive and unnatural pharmaceuticals to keep himself from going into shock.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 21:08
I don't believe in living your own lifestyle-choices through your kids. You have to of course make their decisions for them when it comes to their safety, elements of their behaviour, but that aside any cultural values they might adopt later on has to be of their own will. We're atheists, but if our daughter chose to believe in God or whoever, we'd have to go with it.
I'm sure like me, you just 'fed' your child(ren?), doing your best not to give them too much sugar etc, but never stipulated that the food they eat reflects a lifestlye.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Nov 03, 2006, 21:13
My wife and I are fairly 'hands off' when it comes to our daughter. And it's paid off. She's a pretty good kid.
Some of her friends who have strict parents that try to impose their own beliefs on them are all messed up, on the other hand.
One of them has a dad and stepmom who are into all sorts of flaky neo-new-age paganism. She's very insecure and on a daily regime of drugs to regulate her mood. I just have to shake my head in disbelief...
coolianpope
1 posts

Nov 04, 2006, 18:37
Hi headsters,

New to site but not to Cope, Veggies who eat fish, no such thing!
Thay are (we are, for I am one too (one two?)) fish eaters who eat veg.
If I'm hungry enough I'll chow down on anything.
I just choose not to eat meat (well, not very much) most of the time.
In fact I eat anything, does that make me a bad boy?
Don't think you have any moral high ground if you are a veggie, plants have feelings too it's just that no one has proved it yet. the only way to avoid moral dilema is to become a vampire and only feed on others of our own sorry assed race.

Love, light and peace

coolian
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index