Re: Vegetarians who eat fish..
Oct 12, 2006, 03:17
I'm teetotal but i drink special brew
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Oct 12, 2006, 07:31
This thread is getting too fishy for me.

Lupus
Master of The Bleedin' Obvious.
common era
865 posts

Edited Oct 12, 2006, 21:34
Oct 12, 2006, 21:34
I guess I am guilty as charged, although I do have to say I don't do anything in my life to gain moral high ground - lost any chance of that years ago.

I did cut out "land-meats" about six months back, but chose to continue to eat fish. My decision there was mostly based on being afflicted with psoriasis and the fact that fish oils are very good for my skin condition.

I wonder though, if I was totally vegetarian and took fish oil supplements (cod liver oil etc.) would that cancel my claim to be veggie out.

I do tell people that I am vegetarian, mostly because its way simpler than saying "I don't eat any red meat, or poulty, but I do eat fish".

Again, though, my decision to cut out red meats etc. was based on my skin condition and that they tend to be big triggers for psoriasis, plus I simply stopped enjoying them. There is though an element of the ethical treatment of animals that spurned my decision.

So burn me at the "steak" for being a hypocrite or whatever...
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Oct 13, 2006, 09:04
i grew up being told what to eat because my mum is a nutritionalist and allergy therapist who insisted on a very strict diet. Therefore i wouldnt dream of telling anyone what they should or shouldnt eat. I am a vegy and dont eat fish either ( i allways hated it though and never ate it before, i am a fishcist, because i love animals and i dont like to think of the horrible way they die. however i do wear leather. i dont nececerally beleive in being consistant, i beleive in freedom of choice, i just feel greatfull that i have the choice of what to eat and wearwhen a lot of the world are hungry and have no choice.
baza
baza
1308 posts

Re: Vegetarians don't eat fish..
Oct 13, 2006, 12:39
Here's the definition, courtesy of The Vegetarian Society:

A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, or slaughter by-products such as gelatine or animal fats.

http://www.vegsoc.org/info/definitions.html
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Oct 13, 2006, 13:20
so anything that had a face, as i have heard it put.
baza
baza
1308 posts

Oct 13, 2006, 14:27
I prefer...

Anything that has a shit

It's more inclusive
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 13, 2006, 14:39
Surely that's how yeast works, though? So should veggies not drink alcohol? Or Eat bread?

Actually, not a bad idea...
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Oct 15, 2006, 14:40
What do you call a veggie that eats fish?

a fish and chipocrite...

Sorry if that's been said before, couldn't face reading all the thread
common era
865 posts

Oct 16, 2006, 20:23
ba-dum-tish...

Seriously, I'm going to use that to describe myself from now on, might even put it on my business cards "Professional Fish & Chipocrite"
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index