U-Know! Forum »
Dog ban

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
chris s
211 posts

Dog ban
Sep 26, 2006, 19:33
........I mean after this latest horror in Leicester, isn't it about time these kinda breeds were banned totally ??! Yeah, I am speaking from a position of bias, I'm scared shitless by big dogs, and I'm fed up of going to parks to chill out with a spliff and a book in the sun, only to have to scramble to my feet a few times an afternoon as as some drooling attack beast cavorts toward me at top speed....and do you know what??? They're always "just playing". The amount of times I've heard this whilst being cornered terrified....and yeah, I know, it's the owners not the breed....so how come I can't stroll down the high street with a marauding grizzly should it take my fancy?? They're dangerous animals, that's why. Apologies to forum members here who are canophile, but surely there's some serious myopia going on...not everyone likes em, and surely it's just as much my right to walk without fear? &c &c.
Lubin
Lubin
509 posts

Re: Dog ban
Sep 26, 2006, 21:26
I have been attacked on a few occasions while cycling along a designated cycle track, people take their dogs there to shit and don't clear it up. Once I kicked the dog hard, as it had attached itself to my shorts, even though it was wearing a muzzle, and the owner had a real go at me. You are right it isn't the animal it is the owner who doesn't train it properly. I have now taken to shouting at them to control their animal .

Peace ,Lubin
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 02:52
I'm always astounded when the family dog bites a small child and the owner says "he/she has never done that before". Apologies to dog loving owners but remember that the little ones have no idea what will piss the dog off.
jshell
333 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 08:25
chris s wrote:
........I mean after this latest horror in Leicester, isn't it about time these kinda breeds were banned totally ??!

If you can point out 1 instance of a 'Ban' that worked, ever, then perhaps it would be supported...

Dangerous dogs? been done, didn't work.
Guns? been done, didn't work.
US prohibition of alcohol? been done, didn't work.
Drugs? been done, didn't work.
Illegal immigrants? been done, didn't work
Lock knives? been done, didn't work
Fox hunting? been done, didn't work

Should be a big sign at Heathrow arrivals:

"Welcome to Britain: Banned-It country"

J
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 09:10
I'm with you on this one.

Whatever happened to the 'law' that said that these type of dogs should be muzzled ??

They fuckin' well should too !!
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 09:17
Not sure what happened in Liecester, but I totally agree with this. These dogs scare the shit out of me. I remember a few years back when the muzzle thing came about about children getting attacked and scarred for life!
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Sep 27, 2006, 09:18
Sep 27, 2006, 09:17
I too have a bit of a canine phobia, I'm afraid. We have a couple of neighbours with alstatians whose houses I'm very wary of walking past.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 09:27
Suppose it's better than "he's always doing that"
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Sep 27, 2006, 09:33
Sep 27, 2006, 09:33
The dogs in question (rotweillers I believe) weren't included in the breeds to be muzzled under the dangerous dogs legislation.

Good thinking, Batman.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 09:33
When it comes to pitbulls and the like it's simple.

If you're the kind of macho prick cunt who wants to own one then you shouldn't be allowed one.

x
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index