Re: Dog ban
Sep 27, 2006, 10:24
and this today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/5383928.stm
chris s
211 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 10:41
Couldnt've put it better sir. They're freakin orrible.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 11:40
Until the more violent breeds are banned, and I have my doubts that will happen, you should carry pepper spray or mace if you feel threatened by dogs.

I've never had a problem with them myself- but I'm a six-footer. I also know if you show fear and run, you're cooked.
Dogs respond to authority. If you can keep your nerve, they usually will shrink back from a firm stance and a hard commanding voice.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 11:46
The incident in question was two rottweilers that were 'kept on the roof' of a pub got in the fire exit and wandered to the room a five month old baby was in and mauled her to death.

Personally, I reckon that the police (or at least the RSPCA) should have the right to question someone's motives (and downright suitability) to own a dog when it's very obvious that hey're kept purely as vicious guard dogs.

(The grandfather or the child and his girlfriend were knifed the next day in an 'unconnected' attack. The girlfriend died. I don't want to sound judgmental, but it sounds to me like this family are not a long chain of stout yeomen of the ale type publicans.)
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 11:47
These big bad dogs would only ever get banned if they attacked any horse-faced arseholes related to the queen!
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 12:08
I'm not so sure. Didn't HM's corgis take out someones dog a little while back only to receive a 'royal pardon'?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 12:14
Obviously a can of mace or a stern voice weren't around in this case.
There are many towns in the US that have banned certain breeds.. this clearly is the answer to reducing dog attacks. Pit bulls are notorious and usually the first breed to go over here.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 12:16
....or the other remark when a stranger's dog starts jumping up all over you-

"oh...don't worry...he's as daft as a brush!"

er....yeah...to the owner and family maybe.....but nobody else!

=8-[
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 12:17
pah! Corgis - horrible little things!
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index