No humanity?

The prisoners thought it was OK!

Or should we not believe them?
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: Precisely
Jan 22, 2002, 19:28
Yes I did dOod and I ment it! but what I think does not matter cus I'M jUST A WEE nOBoDY JUST LIKE u! maybe in the nxt world you will be KiNG!
THen fings would be gOod and you would make a goOd KiNg!
YarliaN*
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: beards
Jan 22, 2002, 19:40
iF ANY ONE hURT mY FAMILY I WOULD whup TheIR feckEn arses Then make um sqWEeEL Like a feckeN PiggY *
OR SHOULD i jUST LOCK UM IN A ROOm with a T.V. AND FREE DiNnERS? PRETENDing THAT JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE!
i THINK NOT*
I would die for my little boy but not for some monotheistic mith!
Fuck Um!
landells
landells
680 posts

Jan 22, 2002, 20:08
The people held in Cuba haven't personally flown the planes into the WTC. You/we don't even know how strongly they support the beliefs of the Taliban and Al Q'eda. If the UK goes to war and people get drafted to fight they will go to jail if they refuse to fight. It is possible that there are people on the side of the Taliban/Al Q'eda who have been forced to fight rather than chose to fight - I don't think a refusal would lead to a mere jail sentence. Naturally, this becomes a bit more confusing when you consider the fact that there are people from other countries involved. But it is possible that some of them are there under extreme duress. Fear can make people do some fucking stupid things. It is also possible that although they believe in the ultimate cause they do not believe in the murder of 3,000 people. I'm sure that not every soldier fighting in WW2 believed firebombing Dresden and killing 100,000 people was a good idea. But I'm sure they still believed in the ultimate cause.

If someone raped my mother? Sure! I'd want to crush the fucker's balls between two bricks and rip his heart out. But I wouldn't want to destroy all those associated with him.

Yup, the Taliban and Al Q'eda no doubt have some extremely fanatical and sick people on their side, and some of them will be on Cuba. So lets make sure we get them and not a bunch of people who have made a mistake in choosing their idealology. A very bad and dangerous mistake but a mistake.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

more comparisons
Jan 22, 2002, 22:09
"If someone raped my mother?"

what if they raped my mother because I had raped hers?

only because my granny'd been raped earlier...

oh and because...
Annexus Quam
926 posts

'Idiot Bastard Sons'
Jan 22, 2002, 22:28
"So the personality of the army is a dubious bastard son of Rumsfeld & Bush"

Though we are verging off the topic, I've always been amazed by why 300,000 supposedly democratic people can all follow one leader's move, or even die in the process, as if the supposed 'leader', whoever he is, is necessarily in agreement with their soldiers' opinions. By logic, by nature, an army is an essentially un-democratic organisation where dissent is not allowed, therefore the country which 'depends on it' is, based on an un-democratic idea. But imagine an army where a bunch of soldiers said at the moment of departure to erase some faraway poor fuckers' village off the face of the earth because the suits had located the name on a paper map - 'eh, sir, we don't think it's a good idea because a lot of innocents...'. The Army is un-democratic by definition (therefore un-civilised, like terrorism), only that it is supposed to 'defend' the values of those of *us* on this side of the fence, not the other ones.

Them and Us. The eternal duality that humanity's head can't yet come to grips with.
caergog
393 posts

Re: Afghan prisoners
Jan 22, 2002, 23:03
charlie
What ever i say in this site is in no way defending islamic fundamentalism (or anything else for that matter) it is mearly expressing my concern for fundamental human rights. Even if the persons concerned/ imprisoned did not respect the rights of other human beings in the past( which has not being proven yet with respect to those detained), it will not fix the situation by treating them badly infact i can only see it making the situation worse.
love
caroline xx
caergog
393 posts

Jan 22, 2002, 23:21
charlie,
I'm pretty well aware of what my situation would be if the world was taken over by fundamentalists and i would hope that doesn't happen. it is not a case of an 'eye for an eye' by having respect for humanity (even if those before didn't )helps stop the perpetual cycle of violence. We do not treat our own terrorists in this country in this way so why should we accept what america is doing?
carolinex
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jan 22, 2002, 23:44
Fare EnOuGh oN ReFlEcTiOn yOu have MADe a GoOd pOiNt ! iWASN'T AWARE OF THE TAlEe~BaNns forceful Laws on their Own ppl? ExscuSE MY IGNORENce DoOd?
How ever mOnoTheiSm IS THEE reason behind all this constanT sorrow Me fInKs*
*and I use 2 take you dancin ! Jus to keep you SmILInG DeEp iNsIdE mY EyE's*
*~)
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: 'Idiot Bastard Sons'
Jan 22, 2002, 23:47
yUp u GoT It!
WeLL DoNe*
bLiNg*
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic