Cartoon war

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

the right to belief
Feb 07, 2006, 14:09
"You have the right to consider all religions a bunch of hogwash, but surely all religious followers, fanatical or otherwise, have the right for their beliefs."

Of course. Unless it harms others of course, then that 'right' is severely compromised by self-evident events?

These self-evident events since the 'cartoon' are, in my opinion more evidence of a sick desire for some kind of self-fulfilling 'biblical' war.

As ever, the racial/religious stereotypes are pushing ahead in the propaganda race.

Now we've mostly stopped drawing those evil bearded Jews as being bearded and evil, now we have those evil bearded 'muslims' looking bearded and evil. One is now considered offensive in Denmark, and one is not?

http://abusinan.blogspot.com/2006/02/it-seems-that-some-within-blogging.html

Many right wingers are (still) crying out that the burden of proof for the 'Religion Of Peace' is on the 'moderate' muslims to show Islam to be 'not evil' . But wouldn't that be the same as my having to prove I wasn't an evil Westerner?

I think this religion stuff to be a very stinky thing at the moment. As stinky as Nationalism. Pooooeee (waves hand in air)

And on and on...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index