Cartoon war

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Cartoon war
Feb 04, 2006, 20:51
Of course, this affair over the Danish newspaper will be manipulated by nationalists, both 'Islamic' and 'Western' nationalists. These are the ones who always profit by discord and fear. They sow and reap the same emotions.

With or against?

I am against Nationalism, whatever colour or creed it hides behind.

Sickened.

Any thoughts?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Cartoon war
Feb 04, 2006, 20:59
How ironic it is that Dumb-ya is saying he's 'offended' by these editorial cartoons when I've found out recently American soldiers are raping little boys!

Read it on my blog:

http://www.spaghettiman.blogspot.com

I cut-and-pasted this from the Galactica Yahoo Group...
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Feb 04, 2006, 21:02
But forgetting Bush for a moment (you can do it Lawrence...you...can!), what do you think about this Embassy-burning business, and the whole cartoon shebang?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 04, 2006, 21:13
I think it's crazy! It's not helping anything. As you said not all muslims are not calling for butchery and burning embassies... I think also those papers should've been more careful. People don't realise the consequenses when dealing with something like extreme Islam.

But I think taking a PC approach is crap too! They had every right to print those cartoons. But what's fishy is I hear those were originally published last fall without any kind of outcry...
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Feb 04, 2006, 21:27
Yeah, it was September I think. But that's the power of the 'media' innit? Only when the story starts gaining ground in the wider press does the shit start to hit the, er, fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons#Timeline

Above is a link to Wikipedia's timeline of related events.
PlateOfFood
PlateOfFood
141 posts

Feb 05, 2006, 15:08
It's like one of those rows between an old married couple, isn't it? On the surface it appears to be focused on some ludicrously trivial incident, but it is fuelled by a long, slow build up of pent up anger and resentment.

Lets face it, given the way we in the west have treated the Middle East since WW1, it had to kick off at some point.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 05, 2006, 16:23
I've found out Flemming Rose was initially behind publishing those cartoons and he's a despicable ultra-Zionist. With connections to Daniel Pipes...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 05, 2006, 16:36
Unfortunately this is the only link I could find. Some of you will think this is politically incorrect, but I can't help that...

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=84976

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=85046

Pipes sure is ugly!
a23
a23
1004 posts

Feb 05, 2006, 22:55
somebody made the point in a newspaper letters page that Islam is about 600 years younger than christianity and maybe some of the extremism that appears to be present in the moslem approach isn't that difficult to appreciate if you consider what the jesus botherers were like in the 15/16th centuries...quite possible to imagine burnings and death as repriasal for offending the christ god back then.

What concerns me is that it's one thing for a religious group to say what goes & what doesn't within the countries that are "part" of that religious calling; when they start saying what other countries can & can't say about their religion - fuck them
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Feb 06, 2006, 10:44
The manipulation was there from the beginning. The Norwegian magazine that printed the cartoons is a christian reactionary little shit-rag, until now unknown to all but its own little congregation. The editor, now eagerly portraying himself as a fearless defender of free speach & democracy, is the same bloke who about a year an a half ago wanted to "ban" MTV for being "a channal for Satan into peoples homes". He`d seen a Marilyn Manson video.
In a situation like this the strangest creatures creep out from under their stones; all too eager to do The Fear & Hate Boogie.
Me, I prefer to boogie with Canned Heat!
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index