U-Know! Forum »
Barry Horne!

12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Barry Horne - no psycho, in my book
Nov 12, 2001, 17:10
I guess I meant psychopath, although as an ex-psychology student your defnitions are probably more accurate than mine. Personally, whenever I hear the word psycho used as a noun rather than an adjective, I always associate it with psychopathy rather than psychosis, although it's such a loaded, perjorative term that I suppose it gets used inappropriately more often than not (as highlighted by that Channel 4 series, "Psychos"). Whatever you say about Barry Horne, though, I don't think he could be accused of lacking in feeling towards others - he seemed to have been motivated by genuine moral outrage rather than mere sadistic gratification, and in my experience (contrary to the "How To Win An Argument With A Meat Eater" address), those who are unusually sensitive towards the plight of suffering animals are generally more sensitive towards human suffering as well.

So please, fellow HHers, let's not dredge up the old "Hitler was a vegetarian" argument again, or else this thread will go on for months and reach treble figures!

U-Know! Forum Index