Barry Horne!

12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Those were the days my friend .....
Nov 08, 2001, 10:55
Oh how I loved the experience of a full cavalry charge. 20 people on foot, 40 people on horses. You suddenly get the reason Prince Rupert was so fucking successful in battle!!

Twice in the last few weeks I have seen foxes scurrying across fields and my heart has still raced ... Run Reynard .. Run On!! I've felt myself want to shout. The thrill of seeing a fox escape the hunt has never left me. My soul will be forever imprinted with that feeling of success. Unfortunately, I will also forever remember the failures.

I will remember being beaten up by followers, I will remember being ran over by a landrover just as I shall remember my mate getting an arse full of lead shot at a mink farm.

I also remember the day we liberated over a hundered beagles from a kennels in Herefordshire (legally, my wife worked for the RSPCA). Happy days seeing most of them rehomed. Sad days putting over 30 to sleep because of the state they were in.

I was also present at Baggington airport in Coventry when Jill Phipps died ... wondeful woman.

RIP. xxx

U-Know! Forum Index