No treatment for you, fatty...

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: No treatment for you, fatty...
Dec 07, 2005, 15:23
"Most addicts are not stupid, they know their addiction is fucking them up but cannot help it. They have often had events and pressures in their lives that lead them to feel helpless. To blame an addict for their condition is largely an act of blaming the victim."

They can help it, in most cases, but decide not too as they think they are invincible and 'it won't happen to them'... I phoned my ex (who is an alcoholic) the day George Best died, as I was very upset about it as when I saw pics of George I saw pictures of the ex... and he said to me - 'don't worry as that won't happen to me as I'm not an alcoholic'... he won't take help despite the fact he's spent most of the summer in hospital through alcohol... I blame him totally as an addict not a victim. It's not only his life he's fucked up but mine and his families and I'm angry..... He had a choice and has always had a choice which he chose to ignore. It's his own fault he's the way he is - noone forced the alcohol down his neck apart from him, he chose to drink the amount he has. To pander and go 'ohh poor fella he's a victim of Society' just fules his belief that there is nothing wrong with him.... and working with alcoholics like I do, I know full well he's not the only one who thinks like this!

"Most addicts really want to stop using, and indeed George Best got a new liver and swore he'd never drink again."

Some addicts want to stop using and those that do will. There are a large majority that don't and won't and George Best was one of these...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index