U-Know! Forum »
No treatment for you, fatty...

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: No treatment for you, fatty...
Nov 25, 2005, 13:16
"It's just a shame that this will more than likely increase the health gap between the rich and poor."
Somebody said this morning (radio? other forum?) that George Best probably paid a lot to have a 'private' liver. I think he's pretty penniless though? And are there such things as private livers anyway? - I wonder how the lists work. Anyway I can see that it would be more than possible to jump a donation queue because you were rich - assuming doctors have no morals. But they are supposed to are they not.

Private healthcare eh. I had a big argument about this the other day. The other person couldn't really see that I thought equality in healthcare no matter what your salary was actually different from me wanting everyone to own the same flashy car etc. He thinks if you earn more you deserve more and can't see any difference between healthcare and other services. (this from a man who will inherit millions, the git, so it's academic to him). Pah.

"I'm all for them checking how many points you've got on your licence in A&E following a car crash."
You are naughty. But if you're falling down drunk when they pick you out the wreckage, maybe you should have to sober up in the waiting room before they sew your leg back on.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index