This topic is locked

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: mike croley: "the turtle terror"
Oct 07, 2005, 19:55
Mmm, Tantric Sex Magick and a curry afterwards.

That's me sorted for Friday night.

Thanks for all that kundalini stuff Nat, we have to move in the next two weeks so am trying to find a local yoga instructor to cope with all the stress and set off on a good foot/heel/elbow. You've inspired me to follow it through.

:-)
scousemaiden
160 posts

Re: mike croley
Oct 08, 2005, 00:37
when are you coming into the pub for our chat? I'm really
looking forward to it.
Scousemaiden xxx
grimo
grimo
145 posts

Re: mike croley: "the voice"
Oct 08, 2005, 16:50
Well Mike,

I might not agree with the lizard thing, or turtle thing whether real or metaphorical, but you are trying to back up your words with some form of evidence.

But is your meaning in tune with reality. Seems the masses think (myself included) not. I read the exchange about education and yes, I can see that school can be used to mould minds in a certain way, but they can also liberate if you see understand what they are there for. Schools help kids in many unstated ways, too numerous to go into here.

Though I rather sarcastically asked for the ISBN code, you have gone ahead with the request, Cheers! But I doubt I'll have time not perhaps inclination to read them, but do go ahead. I don't know 'The Hiram Key'. What is that all about?

Do you really think they were given to you because you were *ready* for them? How do you think this works? What is ensuring the right book is there for you? It all seems implausible and within a fantasy-mindset, if you don't mind me saying. Do you accept that you might be wrong? I think its important you see this possibility.

"This frequency business!
Water is water because of the energy field in which it exists in this dimension and we refer to it as stable. You raise the frequency, water becomes steam. Raise it again it becomes invisible to the eye, yet it still exists because energy never dies. Keep lowering the frequency it becomes ice. "

The word "frequency" can be changed for "temperature". Are they the same thing to you? Are the Arctic Regions and Africa not only opposites in temperature, but also in their frequency level?

"In the beginning there was one. An energy comprised of six separate wavelengths acting in harmony with each other known to the ancients as AUM. The number 7 was attributed to AUM to denote the whole and oneness of creation and the spiral/Swastike, a simple picture of creation. The result of the 'Big Bang' was the separation and polarisation of these six wavelengths producing Twelve wavelengths of fast and slow, positive and negative frequencies."

I know about a Japanese group who organised a gas attack on the underground called Aum Shinrikyo, who used Aum as it is a Hindu syllable supposedly representing the sound of the universe. Other Japanese Buddhist groups have given importance to its sound as supposedly all words are bound in the A syllable.

http://cfrterrorism.org/groups/aumshinrikyo.html

This means nothing re your lizard claim, but I have ny suspicions that a lot of this New Age Ickean thought has been adopted from ancient, until recently unpublished, Buddhist thinking.

"Since 2000 the frequency of this dimension as been steadily rising and is clearly seen with the issue of global warming. Higher frequencies are affecting everything here and will continue to do so at a dramatic rate until such a time that the natural balance of our dimension has to give. Again the weather patterns around the planet are clear indicators that this is happening. "

So, it has little or less to do with the reckless felling of the earths forests and use of fossil fuels?

"For us this is good news but, for the reptiles of this and their own dimension it is a matter of life or death as they see it. To combat the influence of this surge of positive energy, our leaders are creating as much negativity as possible."

I find this bit difficult to swallow yet have no trust in leaders anymore. It does seem they are doing their utmost to NOT assist people. I have my doubts over whether it is due to anything you say. I think it is due to selfishness and incompetency.

"Anyway, that list of booksc."

Looking forward to reading the list!
scousemaiden
160 posts

Oct 08, 2005, 16:52
i was in the kitchen last weekend. Solstice i'm working.but Samhein i'm off.
scousemaiden xxx
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Oct 08, 2005, 17:44
This is a review of the book on Amazon:

"Other reviews convey the sense of astonishment I felt when I first read this book. It really is shattering and can change the whole way you look at life, history and Christianity. However, to me the book has a fatal flaw. Each step in their argument (from modern freemasonry back to the king-making ceremonies of Ancient Egypt) seems reasonable in itself, but there is a lack of hard evidence to link the whole series of suppositions into a convincing theory. What is stated as a possible or even likely supposition on one page becomes an undisputed fact on the next, and stages of the argument are built up in this way. This is not good scholarship, even if it makes a very readable and exciting book. All the way through reading it, I wanted to shout "how do you know that?" or "prove it!" I think there is a lot of truth in what the authors say, and I think they have stumbled on a very interesting line of enquiry, but I am not yet 100% convinced. Having said all that, it's still a fantastic book that will change your life, and I recommend it to every thinking person. Freemasons especially will find the book of interest, as Grand Lodge seems to discourage this kind of research for people genuinely interested in the history of the Craft."

I've not read this book myself, but I managed to get half way through Uriels Machine, by the same authors, before I lost patience with it.
This reviewer is correct in many of the comments. I really don't consider them good scholars at all. They make grandious claims and back them up with no evidence at all. They supply conjecture and expect the reader to accept it all as truth, where it's all really just speculation. When reading Uriel's Machine the authors seemed to change their whole viewpoint and contradict everything that they'd said in the first few chapters.

Sorry can't remember what the book was actually about. It wasn't exactly a great read!
grimo
grimo
145 posts

Oct 08, 2005, 19:02
Cheers!

Good review/warning!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 08, 2005, 22:29
Yes Mike I'm fully aware of The Wall lyrics. And I'm fully aware of schools many failings. But you paint all teachers/schools the same with your comments. Hardly paranoia on my behalf when you flat accuse teaching staff of conspiring against children's better interests.

It would improve the discussion if you were to propose an alternative, or at least pinpoint which sort of schooling you don't like. I for instance worked in an old Waldorf school, which retained many aspects of a spiritual approach to teaching: the twelve (plus) senses, art, expression, eurythmy, music, self-reliance, colour therapy, nature study etc. Where does that figure on your scale of Evil/Ignorance?

Or at least try and remain objective in your critique (rant), rather than saying we are all part of a child-numbing conspiracy. If people react in an irritated fashion towards your accusations of 'ignorance/conspiracy then you have only yourself to blame with such an attitude. You might be cute and cuddly and chock full of crystals and new age platitiudes, but walking around waving swastikas and calling people stupid/ignorant for not believing your claims will *probably* not further whatever cause you have - rather it will send you deeper into the trenches of paranoia/messiah complex. By the way, the man that help found the school I worked in believed in Lemuria.

http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/articles/Eugenie_Scott_94.html

Must do better. F -
grimo
grimo
145 posts

Oct 09, 2005, 05:01
Mike,

Thanks for explaining your ideas. I might not believe a large proportion of them, but respect your beliefs. I do think that most are conjecture, without the evidence to make them credible. I do realise that there may be secrets within closed door which are not for public consumption, but remain unconvinced by the lizard theory.

As I said at the opening of this thread, I am attracted to the outlandish, and what propels people there. Whether caused by mental "illness" or a different state the fantastical is fascinating, of only for fictional purposes. Your theories are tame compared to one on another site. Get ready for the VULTURES and the REPTILES!

http://www.xeeatwelve.com/articles/atu-waa_moved.html

I'm gonna stop prolonging this thread, but will look at Professor Croley's book list when you post it.

Best of luck in your world!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 09, 2005, 11:51
<All you need to be a teacher in 'the system' is a good memory, nothing else.>
That's what I wroye Morfe. You have a habit of reading me wrong, don't you?"

OK Mike, maybe, i’ll admit that , with the proviso that you might be prepared to admit that what you say is, shall we say, confusing and possibly prejudiced? You see, you forgot that you also wrote:

"Kids are sent to school to be suppressed and numbed down, nothing else. "

Which takes us to:

”Why were you offended by my statement. Your link hardly points to 'the system' does it?

The link was to a critique of the type of school I worked in (Waldorf), and as Waldorf is an anthroposophical curriculum, I would imagine a critique of it’s spiritual teachings would qualify it as ‘the system’ in Croleyworld? So no, I suppose the link was to ‘the system’ after all. Must try harder Mike! F-

You then say:

“If anything, your response would lead most to believe that you did work for 'the system'.”

No, my response was an attempt to show you that (surprise!) not all parents and teachers send their children to school to be ‘suppressed and numbed down’.

They sent them to my school (and still do, despite that it officially works under the state curriculum) because they wanted to give their children the very best chance to improve their lot, and learn how to do simple things like clean their teeth, or learn how to grow food, or wash. Some even became musicians, or proficient at writing. It depended on the child of course, but you can be sure that 24 hrs of the day was devoted to giving the child a caring and creative, resourceful environment that would have been impossible at home.

These are your parents and teachers who send their kids to be suppressed? Numbed down? Your comments do every kind soul I ever met in the course of that working life a grave disservice. I also had some great teachers at my own secondary school as a pupil, but I hated it. Mostly because of bullying kids, ignorance, but also loooong boring lessons. SOmething that taught me NOT to make my own lessons boring or long. We are always learning Mike.

I personally hold as many differences against Waldorf education as I do against the state curriculum, and likewise embrace many aspects of both. No one method will ever be perfect. What you are missing is the hard work that is done by teachers and parents. OFSTED went through our school like an enema about 6 years ago, and I saw people turn to prozac when they should have been teaching, the extra paperwork and meaningless attainment targets were just what weren’t needed in such a school with such pupils. The problem as ever is that each pupil has a different mind, a different soul, and a different chance of success in differing disciplines/pursuits. No society can fund 1-to-1 education for every child, yet my colleagues have put their own health and family and careers on the line in order to give children a chance of some kind of independent life without the chemical handcuffs. In many cases it has worked out. Many not.

“Oh, I don't believe that teachers are conspiring either. They're just passing on the bollocks the system dictates, no questions asked.”

Teachers don’t ask questions? What - ever? Have you ever worked as a teacher/with teachers? Does being a teacher automatically lose the occupant's personality for them? I don’t teach anymore, but I STILL do nothing but ask questions. And I did then. I ask you questions, you don't answer them though!

You then say: "I've read all your links so far simply because they make more sense than you do at times."

Well you didn’t make much sense of the last one, thinking it was anti-‘system’ when it was actually attacking a model of schooling that bucked the ‘system’. Again you seem confused.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 09, 2005, 11:51
”Seems to me you like being wound up.”

Yes I can be a reactionary hothead. I admit it. I ask fair questions, if people lie to me, or behave ignorantly/in a prejudiced fashion then I may bite. You wouldn’t want me to acquiesce to your claims and accusations in a “no questions asked” manner would you?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] This topic is locked

U-Know! Forum Index