"I 've got rights !"....

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
konaman
konaman
533 posts

"I 've got rights !"....
Jul 30, 2005, 21:47
alleged cry of alleged (failed) suicide bomber whilst being arrested.

what a cunt !

how did this country get into this state?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: "I 've got rights !"....
Jul 31, 2005, 14:36
Shows how well he knows the UK doesn't it. As even an alledged terrorist he has virtually no rights at all. They can lock him up and throw away the key and there's shit he (or anyone else) can do about it.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jul 31, 2005, 15:23
They'll have even fewer rights any day now, when the legoislated amount of time terror suspects can officially be held without trial gets changed from 14 days to however long it is in the US (this being the most likely outcome). Hoping to see Cherie and Tony having a handbags-at-dawn screaming match in the street over the issue meself.

Having said that, if he IS guilty then he is indeed a cowardly, hypocritical asshole.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jul 31, 2005, 18:06
>
> Would you rather he was on the streets?
>
Why should it be either / or?

No, I don't want people "on the streets" if they are actively planning on mass murder. But at the same time, I don't want to be part of a society that chooses to ignore basic human rights because we've been frightened into doing so by maniacs.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jul 31, 2005, 19:01
One of those guys had served time for violent bahaviour apparently.

My understanding was that he was then given British citizenship. Why?

If you come to this country and cannot obey the law why should you get to stay?
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jul 31, 2005, 21:57
I agree with you 100% on immigration.

As for some people being shitty, I'm trying not to take it to heart. The main perps seem to have gone quiet. They are of course entitled to thier opinion, but they resorted to abuse and accusation and I would hope there is no room on this forum for that.

Thanks for your support, I was beginning to feel that meybe I was at fault.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jul 31, 2005, 22:08
>
> I can't think of another country that has such
> an open door policy.
>
I'm interested... is that because you understand the UK's immigration policy (I don't particularly) and also understand the policies of a good number of other countries and actually *know* the UK's policy is more "open door". Or is it because (like me) you actually don't have the faintest idea about the immigration issues and policies of almost any other country, don't really understand the UK's policy and when you describe it as "open door" are merely repeating an unsubstantiated phrase used by a journo?

If it's the former, then I'm interested in why you consider the UK's policy more "open door" than either Germany or Ireland; both of which for instance, according to their own media, have a far more "open door" policy than anywhere else.

>
> But immigration is a privelige, not a right. Like
> most good things, it needs to be earned.
>
How do you go about "earning" immigration?
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jul 31, 2005, 22:10
How do you go about "earning" immigration?

I'm not sure Grufty, but you shouldn't be able to come to this country, commit violent crimes, then get citizenship
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 00:16
Seems to go from intolerant muslim fanatics who claim to have rights and all that, to ultra-rightist Jews who want to bring back McCarthyism, and would even employ neo-nazis to do it...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 00:32
Honey I've got a right got a right to do anything I want! Any ol' time...
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index