U-Know! Forum »
Galloway actually wanted the oil

86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: Galloway actually wanted the oil
May 13, 2005, 10:34
OK, hard to keep track of all the attacks on poor old Gorgeous George. I was talking about all the stuff back in 94 - 96. I think he went on to double his majority despite being something of a bette noir for certain segments of society.
Yeah, I admit he would have found it a lot harder to hold on in Glasgow as an independent - people tend to vote along trad party lines, especially with the kind of electoral system we have, but I bet he would have made a good showing.
And lets face it, he's performed a small miracle winning in Bow (easier than Glasgow I admit, given the demographic) and the first thing we hear is that hectoring bbc idiot (who everyone seems to think is a great journalist for some reason) Paxman giving him grief about unseating a black woman!! The Today programme followed that up the day before yesterday with a complete non - story about how nasty George is for taking the seat off King! For Crissakes!! If so many in the establishment are so determined to bismirch the man I just think it's worth giving him a chance.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index