Galloway actually wanted the oil

86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Senate Committee hearing
May 20, 2005, 23:27
I hadn't heard the giving up music thing, but anything Matt Johnson says about his plans has to be taken with a sackful of salt. All those planned covers albums, albums out next year, etc.

The website's just had a redoing, so he must still feel active on some level.

He's always been slow to put albums together, which has always made me nervous upon release - after so long will they be any good?

And he's never disappointed me. Naked Self is right up there with the best of them, a proper kicking band instead of some of the more polished studio elements that blighted earlier albums, superb cutitng edge lyrics, as usual managing to say enormous things in short pieces of plain language (an astonishing gift), and fuck me that band live were amazing.

I was at that Glastonbury set and it did kick, although plating the second stage in the middle of the afternoon isn't the best thing for objective judgement.

Indeed, anyone at Glastonbury sin't the place to judge them. I remember seeing Spritualized in 93 and being entranced by the swirling one-chord textures.

When I heard a live tape it was nothing like that, it had huge builds and drops and dymamics. Several days in the spliffing fields will fuck with your head something rotten.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index