U-Know! Forum »
Galloway actually wanted the oil

86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: Galloway actually wanted the oil
May 13, 2005, 09:11
He increased his majority in Glasgow after the press got stuck into him last time, so a guess a few Glaswegians (maybe those who have met him or heard him put his side of the story) must like him. The people of Bow were also convinced.
His book wasn't that bad - at least he wrote it himself.
Let's not forget just how easy it is to be duped by the media and political classes - remember all those stories about how Kinnock was on the take? Had to laugh when it eventually turned out he was the only EU commissioner who wasn't robbing us blind.
OK, GG has a touch of the "Derek Hatton" about him, but there aren't many politicos I would say are good, trustworthy and without ego - maybe only Tony Benn springs to my mind at the moment.
Galloways involvement in middle eastern politics goes back a long way and is rooted in old fashioned idealism (like they used to have in the Labour Party) and you will find comments from GG which are critical of Saddams regime in Hansard.... Galloway may have been stupid in his choice of words to Saddam (the only time he ever met him one to one - for about 2 minutes), but he was there to try and avert a war - unlike the many western politicians who went before him to sell weapons, secure oil, and attempt to destabilise Iran.
Of course the bastards going to turn out guilty now and I'm going to look a right twat! Oh well, that's politics.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index