Guantanamo Bay Releases Confirmed

34 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bitteryesbitter
bitteryesbitter
370 posts

Re: Guantanamo Bay Releases Confirmed
Jan 13, 2005, 03:10
i agree. not to mention, there is NO WAY the u.s. would be releasing them if they were guilty of anything. and i do mean "anything". and i do mean NO WAY.

it seems to me they were detained because they belong to the muslim faith, and they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. the u.s is not only holding some of "its own" in guantanamo, but also some of it's own military. (translators, muslim clerics who are part of the u.s military. etc.)

i don't say this because of any "slant" i may have. i feel the guilty should be prosecuted before a court of law and should carry out deserving penalties, no matter what country of origin or faith they belong to.

what i find most alarming is that these folks have spent 3 years in the pit of hell that is guantanamo, and there still remains to be found any valid reason for them to have been there in the first place. the concept of "guilty until proven innocent" is something that just does not sit well with me. i would like to think that mankind does not have to resort to these sort of 'witch-hunts' to make itself feel better about combating a 'war on terrorism'.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index