Sep 26, 2004, 16:11
It literally means "Bucket"
baza
baza
1308 posts

Re: a couple of links...
Sep 26, 2004, 16:43
I take your point.

You know me by now.....on these forums. I don't embroider my words and just come straight out with the facts as I see them.

You used to be somewhat similar. I have noticed a change in you over the last year or so.

I think I prefer the old you. LOL.

Baz
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: a couple of links...
Sep 26, 2004, 18:07
>> I think I prefer the old you. LOL.

To be honest ... SO DO I !!!!!!!!

The old me is still there and I know that as soon as somebody says something that touches a nerve I'll be there again :-)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: big reply pt 2
Sep 26, 2004, 20:14
So that my criticism of approach to banter do not apear too one sided I have to say that the line "Some of you are so self fucking righteous." is just as bad as preaching and ranting and raving.

As soon as that one comes out you lose. All it says about you is that you know they're right, but you ain't gonna change, because they're ranting and raving at you.
Riddley Walker
174 posts

Re: Korai
Sep 26, 2004, 22:29
Mmmm... Putrifying meat..
:)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Korai
Sep 26, 2004, 23:10
It's also how the idea of putting salt on food (to improve the taste) developed... Hide the fact that the food is spoiled. (I suppose that's why there's so much artificial flavor in fast food!)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: big reply pt 2
Sep 26, 2004, 23:14
I know people have failed to change me. I've certainly failed at changing others as well...
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Small point
Sep 28, 2004, 19:15
Hmmm. I can feel the "Isn't it just as bad to kill plants" argument approaching here...
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: bigger burger
Sep 28, 2004, 19:21
That reminds me of an article I read in the Guardian a few years back about the future possibility of farm animals being genetically modified not to feel any stress or pain.

Now that really does open a big can of worms. Whatever your opinions on GM food (don't think the techological knowhow itself is a bad thing personally, but it will almost inevitably fall into the wrong hands) or vegetarianism (I don't eat meat myself), that's gotta raise a question mark. Obviously, in an ideal world, there would be no factory farming, but in the current world, I can't help thinking that if such a practise has to exist, it would be less inexcusable if the animals WERE programmed not to suffer.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Yes, But...
Sep 28, 2004, 20:41
I was watching a thing about Kosher slaughter last night. The animal's throat is cut, and it's left to bleed to death.

The belief of the slaughtermen doing this is that our so called "humane" methods mean we can excuse a much greater number of deaths.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index