3155 posts

Re: The God Damned Status Quo
Jun 30, 2004, 04:45
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3851989.stm
Quexalcote
228 posts

Jun 30, 2004, 04:46
And I'm going to be forced into the humiliating position of voting for a complete mediocrity like John Kerry. Why? Because the next president will most likely appoint two supreme court justices, and the thought of two more twice born judges interpreting my constitution makes me queasy. This is really all I have to go on, and mind you, I don't even know that whoever Kerry picks will be substantially better, they just won't be the kind of Xian good old boys that GW has in line for the positions. I should not have to split hairs this fine in picking the leader of a nation, but such are the times we are in. I don't know what option there is.

Baby steps.
Quexalcote
228 posts

Re: another american beheaded.
Jun 30, 2004, 05:04
I'm not having much luck with analogies lately, but let me try this one:

There were atrocities committed by the allies in WWII - internment of Americans of Japanese descent, Dresden, I'd be willing to bet abuses of German and Japanese POWs, and I'lll further wager that some innocent civilians were killed by US/UK bombs.

Does that put Churchill and FDR on the same moral level as Hitler?

Was the removal of Hitler from power a worthwhile goal?

Or should we have just stayed home?

Before you reply, I know the analogy is imperfect, that's not the point.
Quexalcote
228 posts

Re: Michael Moore
Jun 30, 2004, 05:54
haven't seen the movie yet, but this sounds like the Moore that I've come to know and dislike:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jun 30, 2004, 05:59
Chomsky on lesser of two evils...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1173938,00.html
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

The flipside of optimism
Jun 30, 2004, 12:38
Mind, I neglected to mention that at the same time as the example quoted above, there were a couple of local types who were giving "Boody imigrants using our health system" vibes. But it was a liitle ray of hope.

Getting apathetic is a natural defense mechanism dude, A bods brain can't cope with the unequal struggle of staying optimistic in the face of all the shit that we se in the media. As to how to get the message out, well, I dunno. I made an mpeg at the start of the war, but didn't know where to send it.
ron
ron
706 posts

Jun 30, 2004, 14:03
actually... there is no other country that has facilitated a greater LOSS of liberty for a greater number of people of a more diverse ethnic, religious, and political makeup, within and without its borders. er, and i believe that it started with the native americans... possibly u were napping in history class the day they reviewed the trail of tears perhaps?
Quexalcote
228 posts

Jun 30, 2004, 14:12
No not at all.

I believe I said in my post that I'm well aware of the US's fuckups.

Want to take me up on my offer to have a pissing contest about it?

In the meantime, what I said still stands as true.

Sorry if the contradictions are too much to take, but life ain't simple is it? It's ugly sometimes too.

Do you have an example of a country that's facilitated more liberty for more people?
ron
ron
706 posts

Jun 30, 2004, 14:18
wot i don't understand is why they don't "do" someone we can all cheer about... like those feckers that write viruses, and pop-up ads, now that's something i could buy a ticket for...

seriously, i mean, me and my buddies could grab up the daft fat iranian down the street that sells rugs and make some ridiculous demands and behead the poor fucker, and wot would that accomplish... nuthing, absolutely, wot's it good for? war...
ron
ron
706 posts

Jun 30, 2004, 14:43
in the mean time wot u said is pretty much bullshit... and exactly which people has the us facilitated liberty for? cuz there's loads of countries in europe that have done that... most apparent is the british... a pissing contest? if u wanna see my dick just ask... why don't u just return to the rush limbaugh hour? r u oliver north, or larry the cable guy, perhaps... or just another closed minded right winger...
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index