Irish bintifada

50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Irish bintifada
Oct 16, 2003, 16:19
"... when it should be the repsonsibility of those who CREATE the waste in the first place."

It IS their responsibility! Under EU Law the manufacturers are obliged to take packaging back and dispose of it. You can leave your packaging at the supermarket.

Soon, car manufacturers will be resposible for the disposal of cars taken off the road.

As for spare time. Well, folks would have more if they wanted less wouldn't they. Ooh .. that sounded bad. It wasn't supposed to sound that bad. What I mean is that so many people are slaves to their credit cards etc. I know there are people who can't afford the necessaries, let alone the luxories, but there's also folks who can't afford them that try to.

My whole take on this is that the following should be FREE:

Bread, drinking water, milk, public transport, tampons, basic clothing (because we are forced to dress) and waste disposal.

All this could be done through taxes, but it would obviously have to be on a world wide basis. It ain't never going to happen is it!?

I just think that, at the moment, a bin tax is a good kick up the arse for the rubbish creators/prolongers to sort out their acts.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index