U-Know! Forum »
Irish bintifada

50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Irish bintifada
Oct 15, 2003, 09:40
people with children produce more rubbish??? They choose to have children and the associated costs of having children.

I am totally for it. People need a kick up the backside because they are so thick. Where I live we have an excellent weekly collection of everything you can think of, glass, plastic, clothes, phone books, tins, oil, etc etc. You just stick it in a big green box the council give you for nothing and pop it outside the house.
But every week our road is full of litter from people's ordinary bin bags (there are loads of seagulls) and their bin bags are full of cans, glass, newspapers etc. It's so irritating to see because it's so ridiculously easy to put these things in the recycling box.
If you have to pay for your rubbish then you think about what you're producing and what you're buying. And don't come back with stuff about packaging - because invariably the cheapest things have the least packaging - so I don't accept that it would affect poorer people more (unless you're talking breadline poor).
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index