U-Know! Forum »
Lying for Columbine

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Re: Lying for Columbine
Oct 06, 2003, 21:29
How to say the same old shite and dress it up like a dogs breakfast.
Chomsky is shite. Moore is shite. Bush is good. four legs is good. Two legs is bad.

Glad you're still alive, Morfe.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 06, 2003, 23:15
"Glad you're still alive, Morfe."

How deliciously synchronous :-)

Onwards and whackowards!

Hmm, funny to note that the adopted term for 'left wing stalinist scum' is 'moonbat'.

I like the moon. And bats. And our very own Moon Cat is but a consonant away from being semantically and automatically included on the Lefties to Put to Death List Maintained By the Self-Right-juice.

Yours.

Alive.

pansexual multi-latitudinal *be*ing
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Phew!
Oct 07, 2003, 00:54
Well thank Boob for consonant cravings. I hope that "c" keeps me outta Guantanomo Bay for a while anyhoo.

I have to echo Stray's concerns about all this gazing into the abyss (and it gazing back atctha!) and wresting with monters ye Morfeulous. I know you're fighting the good fight and informing us of the evil men do, but I reckon you should at least have a nice cup of tea and a sit down once in a while, and maybe play with a comedy spring that goes "p'toooinng!".
You owe yerself some yuks and grins fella.
duckbreath
254 posts

Oct 07, 2003, 11:24
it's amazing the way Michael Moore scares the shit out of people like this guy. they can't even argue against him without showing how stupid and nit-picking they are and resorting to fat jokes.

he's backing the democrats in 2004 instead of the Greens - hopefully they'll listen to him a bit
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Oct 07, 2003, 11:36
And he's backing Oprah Winfrey! :o)
duckbreath
254 posts

Oct 07, 2003, 11:53
but he's a Gooner!

did you see him in the observer

the glory hunting bastard
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Oct 07, 2003, 13:35
I did!! He's now face up in the rabbit hutch in their toilet section!! (Usually its Julie Burchill, but she wasn't about in the Gurdian on Saturday!)...

Bit confused about him really, have to meet him I think.... ;o)
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Oct 07, 2003, 22:01
Well what do ya know, that was a really good article.

Not so much for the Moore part (I could care a less about his politics any more than any other film maker out there), but the basic idea of "magical thinking" vs. "rational thinking."
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 07, 2003, 23:00
I agree Dog3000.

But definining 'rational' to be just what this guy says about everything, is asking me to make a leap of faith as big as me asking you to believe in dryads ;-)

Asking me to believe either Bill Whittle of Michael Moore is akin to magic or rationalism. And maybe they both use sleight of hand/mouth to influence opinion.

it's the SLEIGHT that I can't take.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Speaking of sleight...
Oct 07, 2003, 23:28
Chris Morris: Right, here's a guy, he puts right wrongs, he sees a wrong, he wants to right it straight away like a man enraged at a poor quality toy boat, but he uses a camera to retool the wrong into a right and he makes us laugh as he does it... Michael Moore - still using the old "Hi there!" routine?
Michael Moore: (forced laughter)
CM: Well listen, you're known for shouting at buildings, sometimes it seems that you see a building you have a compulsion to pull out a megaphone and shout at it. What is it that makes you mad?
MM: Well, I think growing up in a factory town...
CM: Sure, we don't want to give too much away but one of the best bits in the new show is when you confront a guy from a medical insurance company who won't give a dying man a new pancreas and you make us actually wanna kill this guy, it really is the ultimate hatebender 'cause we know that he's wrong, he's evil, he's scum, we watch this we think "I want this guy to drown in his own vomited up pancreas, and have his balls chewed off by starving badgers" is what we feel. Now, where do you get the, like, the brilliant twist to do that?
MM: Well, you see I didn't do it, he did it to himself...
CM: He made us wanna hate him himself?
MM: Yeah...
CM: And you just stood there like a big mirror?
MM: Well, I just want to choke the guy...
CM: Yep, mash this guy's face off and kick it around like a football...
MM: Right...
CM: YOu know, I still want to see that corporate guy in his exploded death state, but like, with tears running down my face and solemn music, like the sick faux-remorse of the psycho...
MM: Right... well yeah! Because you see... humour is what takes you to that edge.
CM: You mean, you can do anything?
MM: That's right.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index