U-Know! Forum »
From Mad Max to kook

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Lawrence hun..
Sep 22, 2003, 13:26
You think I'm always fixated on hate all the time? I feel the way I do because I'm compassionate to the Underdog and the oppressed, essentially. But I wouldn't be so misanthropic if most people on this earth weren't such ignorant sheep, eager to follow any leader who presents a phoney image. (Hitler is a good example.)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Braveheart
Sep 22, 2003, 13:27
"... but I think the Scots probably have a right to hate the British, just as the Irish in Ulster do."

This is difficult for me to word properly. This is my fifth attempt.

By the 'Irish in Ulster' I presume you mean the mainly Catholic Republican side of the situation. DO the Proddies not count as being Irish? Is it only the Irish in Ulster that hate the Brits? Do all the 'Irish' in Ulster hate the Brits? Your statement really is too broad and too inaccurate to encompass such a complex situation. I know you weren't necessarily trying to do that, but I just felt I had to comment.

Have the Scots today got anywhere near as big a gripe with the Brits as the 'Irish' in NI have today?

I don't think so. The situation today is totally different in the two countries. The pasts of both are very similar, but today they bear no resemblence.
duckbreath
254 posts

Sep 22, 2003, 13:28
well the folks responsible are long time dead and any kind of 'hate' directed at any any one else just adds to the problem not the answer
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 22, 2003, 13:28
An American that supports the cause of a Terrorist organisation. Excellent. Or are the IRA 'freedom fighters'?
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Sep 22, 2003, 13:31
Just today with today's postings... thats all.....

Just trying to be nice, not trying to provoke, or accuse....

Nevermind eh.. I'll get back to talking pants on HH ;o)
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Sep 22, 2003, 13:45
Er, they're not all dead. A lot of the good folks who practised apartheid (as far as they could), who interned people, who organised exchanges of information betwen security forces and loyalist paramilitaries, who backed the loyalist organised strikes and who condoned shoot to kill policies (just to give a few examples) are still alive.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 22, 2003, 13:54
No offense or anything... Certainly preaching love is better that preaching hate, at any rate...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 22, 2003, 13:56
Not to mention that Augusto Pinochet has gotten away scot free for what he did to his own people in Chile.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 22, 2003, 14:00
Well I dunno... As far as Ulster, I'm not into the religious side of it anyways. I hate christianity whether catholic or protestant.

But I do know England taking over Northern Ireland was wrong, and the king who did it was an alcoholic wife-beater. My European History teacher was Scottish and that's what he taught me.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 22, 2003, 14:03
Hasn't George W. proven himself to be a terrorist?
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index