Finds proceedure advice

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Finds proceedure advice
Jan 22, 2017, 15:14
tiompan wrote:
The criteria for my TMA entries is mostly whether the pics are photogenic .

lol. Did i just detect what i think i just detected?

TMA = Photos, map and parking instructions.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

But I get the impression some think it's the core of the nucleus at the centre of the beating heart of prehistoric archaeology.

If it wasn't for the occasional decent forum post it'd be a sodding flickr group.

Were getting the sky pics, it can't be too long now before macros of flowers and insects (sat on the stones, naturally)
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jan 22, 2017, 15:27
I thought it was the boson at the core of the nucleus at the centre .....

Sky and insects ? "Isn't nature wonderful ? "
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Jan 22, 2017, 15:29
If you don't think TMA is an online archaeological nucleus for ordinary folk rather than arcane highbrow study, which website do you think is better? I think the former of the two is laudable and absolutely necessary, the bedrock on which the latter should stand and be related to, and we should be grateful to Mr Cope.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Jan 22, 2017, 15:34
tiompan wrote:
I thought it was the boson at the core of the nucleus at the centre .....

Sky and insects ? "Isn't nature wonderful ? "

lol

"You have been selected to join our group "Nikon Sunsets at Sacred sites". Please observe the group rules - No sunrises, No Olympus".
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Edited Jan 22, 2017, 17:03
Jan 22, 2017, 15:45
spencer wrote:
If you don't think TMA is an online archaeological nucleus for ordinary folk rather than arcane highbrow study, which website do you think is better? I think the former of the two is laudable and absolutely necessary, the bedrock on which the latter should stand and be related to, and we should be grateful to Mr Cope.

i'm just having a laugh. Am i not allowed to do that?
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jan 22, 2017, 15:56
Inspired by "Arrival" I have a feeling that some of the "ancestors" had been contacted and advised to stick up megaliths with some consideration for their descendant's ( c. 1900- 2100 AD ) technology and ocularcentrism .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jan 22, 2017, 16:04
Enough of the sanctimonious claptrap, i'm just having a laugh. Am i not allowed to do that? [/quote]

Bligh Bond has provided a fair few laughs .

"The problem in archaeology is when to stop laughing."
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Jan 22, 2017, 16:07
tiompan wrote:
Inspired by "Arrival" I have a feeling that some of the "ancestors" had been contacted and advised to stick up megaliths with some consideration for their descendant's ( c. 1900- 2100 AD ) technology and ocularcentrism .

If you got out a bit more you'd know what the truth really is out in the field.

Here's an idea - I wonder if we could organise the burying of some peoples SLRs and then see if a dowser can find them.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Jan 22, 2017, 16:13
tiompan wrote:

Bligh Bond has provided a fair few laughs .

"The problem in archaeology is when to stop laughing."

Indeed, but like crop circles, dowsing and, of course, gef the mongoose, I absolutely love the "frisson" that these things generate, the possibilities, the hope, even.

When to stop laughing is indeed the problem.

If we do find out about everything when we slip off the coil, let's hope they have some sympathy with us.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jan 22, 2017, 16:17
"Without going out of doors one may know the whole world; without looking out of the window, one may see the Way of Heaven. The further one travels, the less one may know. Thus it is that without moving you shall know; without looking you shall see; without doing you shall achieve."

Or , fuck all that outdoor fresh air malarkey .
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index