Anglesey »
Anglesey

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Re: Anglesey
Jun 12, 2015, 09:53
I'm lucky enough to see hares almost every day on my drive to work tjj. I set off at 6 on a beautiful drive from grimy old town to the beautiful Forrest of Bowland. Lately I have to wear my sun specs the day is so bright. Everything is as clear as a bell & the air so fresh; the scent of new mown grass must be my favourite; that and manure which smells like runny French cheese! Yum yum.
Anyway the first time I saw a hare I was blown away, they're so much bigger than rabbits, ganglier and a bit rough round the edges! They have a proper wild look in their eyes and move really fast. I'm always terrified I'll hit one, but I think they're too canny. Once though I had to crawl behind one for ages as it scampered in a straight line along the road in front of me till it veered off. I don't like the thought of the wildlife being frightened to death of our ridiculous noisy metal machines but then needs must.
I've managed not to hit anything yet thankfully but there's always road kill on this stretch. I also see rabbits, pheasants, cows and sheep, and twice now a beautiful deer which skips across the road; she always stuns me.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index