Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited May 28, 2015, 17:17
Re: Anglesey
May 28, 2015, 17:14
carol27 wrote:
Hiya, done a blog on the MA section! I'll suss out photos next. Thankyou you two for guiding information. Angelsey beautiful, it years since I was last there. The sun shone as we scurried round. Saw a few sites,no where near as much as I'd like, but it was splendid. I wonder tjj if you're there at midsummer solstice cos the sun rises shining into Bryn Celli Dhu burial mound which would be a treat. It's such a perfectly shaped mound. The walk in ( or hobble with much groaning in blokes case) delightful. I had to park him at various gates on travels as he couldn't manage some some sites, and so could wander & soak in in perfect peace! Tried to identify some flowers with wild flowers book but not sure, it may be you can educate me with same tjj. Anyway enjoy yourself, I'm sure you'll love it, it's glorious. Will endeavour to improve blogging & posting - goodness we sound like a right pair of decrepit specimens, broken hips (him), & tech ignorance (me). We're not...really.

Thank you for this Carol, it all sounds pretty wonderful (apart from your other half's disability - hope he mends soon). I've just had a quick read of your blog and will take inspiration from it. Off on Saturday just for a week so I'm afraid I won't be there for the Solstice - will be staying near Bangor at a village called Rachub (in a converted cow barn apparently). Lots to pack in including, hopefully, a visit to Great Orme copper mine. Looking forward to seeing your photos :)

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index