Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Secrets from the Sky
Nov 15, 2014, 13:42
spencer wrote:
S'ok Roy, we've known about it for years... you've not spotted that spycam atop The Hurlers then? You're among friends..it's you, part of your charm. You do go a bit heavy on the lippy sometimes though, imo.

Oi, less of the BS. I'll have you know the only time I've worn a skirt on Bodmin Moor was at King Arthur's Hall enclosure where nobody could see me ;-)
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Nov 15, 2014, 14:22
Ok, sorry for pulling your leg. Or hem : )
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Nov 15, 2014, 14:34
spencer wrote:
Ok, sorry for pulling your leg. Or hem : )

Did I tell you I used to be a train driver?
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/men-you-have-nothing-to-lose-but-your-trousers-8652520.html
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited Nov 20, 2014, 14:38
Re: Secrets From The Sky
Nov 20, 2014, 14:26
Last in the series tomorrow night 8pm.

It's on the Antonine Wall that was built 100 miles north of Hadrian's Wall in 142AD and ran between Glasgow and Edinburgh. I'd never heard of it I have to admit and certainly not spoken of much it would seem (not down this neck if the woods anyway!!).

http://www.antoninewall.org/

One other thing...I've only just realised (doh) that Ben Robinson with the drone (that someone else seems to operate) was the guy who was the Flying Archaeologist in that other terrific series.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Edited Nov 21, 2014, 16:30
Nov 21, 2014, 16:30
Been ill (again) and just caught up wth the entire series again (minus episode 1, that's lapsed into unconciousness on the itvplayer).
Great series, episodes coulda been a bit longer though, 22 mins minus ads ain't much.

can't say I'm a big fan of Ben, he's a bit like a frisky labrador, too eager to please (love dogs, but sorry, can't abide labradors, or terriers or lapdogs or...I'll quit while I can, eh).

As a man of a certain age, I hate to admit it, but Betthany's bits are a bit distracting at times. It doesn't help that the camera man seems hell bent on getting a shot down her top too. Watch it gain and see what I mean.

Anyhow, hope they make another series as I enjoyed it immensely.

Those drone thangs look a lot of fun, but flippin' costly ain't they?
Still, would love one, would make visiting sites a whole different affair. You'd be able to see it in it's setting, and it's relevance to the surrounding area. Would annoy the hell out of anyone else visiting I imagine, so you'd have to pick your moment, but wow, hours of fun (as long as you've got the batteries).
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Nov 22, 2014, 03:07
Didn't think that was a secret :-)
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index