Manchester

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Re: Manchester
Apr 15, 2014, 22:16
Yep, that would be good (subject to me not getting stuck in Glossop - see above).

I may have a matching badge (the black and silver factory silhouette is currently adorning my coat).
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 15, 2014, 22:22
Ok will look out for you.
I'm about 5 ft 8 -dark short hair, glasses
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Apr 15, 2014, 22:24
Apr 15, 2014, 22:24
First band on at 7.30pm
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Apr 15, 2014, 22:27
dave clarkson wrote:
Ok will look out for you.
I'm about 5 ft 8 -dark short hair, glasses

Snap, plus 2 inches :)

Is there somewhere in Ruby Lounge where it's easy to spot someone?
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 15, 2014, 22:41
Cheers - shouldn't be too difficult to eventually spot each other. To be honest don't think the place will be too packed. James Nice is setting up some merchandise I think. There's enough room in venue to move around - large bar area, seats at back and standing area in front of stage. I'll probably spend most of time in standing area. Guess you ok with venue location? It's basically end of market st, road between Arndale center and debenhams short walk up on your right.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Apr 15, 2014, 22:43
dave clarkson wrote:
Cheers - shouldn't be too difficult to eventually spot each other. To be honest don't think the place will be too packed. James Nice is setting up some merchandise I think. There's enough room in venue to move around - large bar area, seats at back and standing area in front of stage. I'll probably spend most of time in standing area. Guess you ok with venue location? It's basically end of market st, road between Arndale center and debenhams short walk up on your right.

Brilliant, ta. Be nice to meet James too, even if he is slowly bankrupting me.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 15, 2014, 22:46
Ha! and me too. You'll probably meet Alan too if he's not too busy
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Apr 16, 2014, 19:59
Great stuff! Hopefully see you there...
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Apr 16, 2014, 23:09
thesweetcheat wrote:
Broadbottom

So I went through there twice today on an ill-fated car part mission. I hadn't realised how dominant cown/combes edge is on that side of the valley. It seems like a fair trek though, but that might just be because I find it hard to judge walking times when driving!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Apr 17, 2014, 07:12
juamei wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Broadbottom

So I went through there twice today on an ill-fated car part mission. I hadn't realised how dominant cown/combes edge is on that side of the valley. It seems like a fair trek though, but that might just be because I find it hard to judge walking times when driving!

If you go on the National Trails website, there is a very handy distance measuring tool that I recently came across, which you can use anywhere (not just on a National Trail route).
http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/pennine-bridleway/distance-calculator

I plotted at a circular-ish walk from Broadbottom up to Cown Edge, across to the Picking Rods then round by Brown Low and Ludworth Intakes and back to Broadbottom, it was just under 8 miles. I might not do the latter part of that loop anyway, so it would be less. Should be do-able though :)
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index