Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???

112 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???
Oct 24, 2002, 14:09
Hey there Blaidd. I usually live over on U-Know! but i do pop in here now and then. I have a tangential interest in ancient sites, in that i'm interested in "sacred landscapes" (i.e. places which inspire a - subjective - feeling of peace within me), but often find that neolithic / ancient sites serve the function of diverting ones awareness away from the landscape and towards the monument.

Which is, of course, groovy if you're there for the monument.

That said, Wayland's Smithy does have a special place in my heart. And i have to echo your experiences. I was camping up there for a couple of nights, and both nights i felt a very strange thing. It felt as though the air itself was pulsating (rather than the ground). It's kind of difficult to explain, but if you've ever experienced it, you'll know what i mean.

Anyways, it happened both nights that i was meditating there (early hours of the morning) and was actually quite spooky for a while.

Of course, i should add the fact that i wasn't entirely straight at the time (but then again, i rarely am, so not sure if that says anything), and i also do seem to be very sensitive to the "vibe of a place"... which doesn't make me a irritating new-ager, FW, not to worry ;-)

Anyways welcome to these parts; we're generally a nice bunch (i think). And whilst i myself do take a "leave a place as you found it" attitude (not only to monuments, but any place), i will staunchly defend your right to leave nuts and the like. I also think flowers are quite acceptable as an offering, so long as they are left in an unobtrussive place. Whenever i go to a place like that i tend to do a full litter-pick upon leaving, and leave a small offering of flowers next to a tree a little way from the site.

Invisible to the next visitors.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index