Wayland's Smithy »
Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???

112 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: A fresh start ...
Oct 23, 2002, 16:21
Come on, leaving the odd seedcase (that's already dropped off a tree) isn't going to cause any problems - unless, yes, it's at a really busy site like wayland;s smithy.
And may I remind people that leaving coins and a horse at the smithy has been the idea for centuries. Allegedly. And you know what a mess horses leave behind.

And another thing, (and don't bother to contradict me) surely most people here have at some time felt so chuffed with being at a site that they wanted to give something back in some way?? I always pick up litter but I have to admit I have left a little flower at a site (in the past, alright, I'm a convert to the anti-decaying vegetation view now). Or am I just being hopelessly wishywashy for you lot now?!

Anyway Blaidd, welcome, and we all look forward to your contributions. Don't be put off by the odd bit of banter, that's one thing that makes this forum comfy. I didn't think my message was too unfriendly. Now tell us more about this thumping - could you hear it or just feel it? and did you investigate where you thought it was coming from?

I try to be open-minded about the reasons behind why these sites were placed where they are. Who's to say you haven't noticed something unusual about the place that most people would n't have been sensitive enough to notice. After all, we're so used to living in a loud busy environment and shutting out so much of the sensation around us.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index