Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.

Pages: 31 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
woosh
35 posts

Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
Jul 30, 2013, 17:27
You seem rather obsessed by this particular beardy bloke site ? , . what I do know is and will never lose sight of is the incredible wonder of our world and how much we are constantly learning and forever amazed by. all the fantasy crap out there on the internet wont make me cynical or stop me knowing how special it all is.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jul 30, 2013, 17:52
woosh wrote:
You seem rather obsessed by this particular beardy bloke site ? , . what I do know is and will never lose sight of is the incredible wonder of our world and how much we are constantly learning and forever amazed by. all the fantasy crap out there on the internet wont make me cynical or stop me knowing how special it all is.

Quite agree about incredible wonder and how special it all is . The beardy bloke is part of the fantasy stuff though .
woosh
35 posts

Jul 30, 2013, 18:31
Hi, its difficult to take this crazy world seriously that much is for certain.. on anglesey we only have historical evidence ( in roman writings ) of druids existence on the island , with no archeological evidence as such, only the oak groves associated with them.
While I most certainly do understand the importance of archeological evidence there are things it can and never will tell us about,. I merely used a turn of phrase in my previous comment to make my point.
Look at the incredible glastonbury peninsula landscape and the fact that there was an important 200 bc iron age settlement and others nearby in all directions.
If glastonbury with its sacred springs wasn't an important religious site to the druids and every other ancient briton before them well im at a loss where was !.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jul 30, 2013, 18:46
woosh wrote:
Look at the incredible glastonbury peninsula landscape and the fact that there was an important 200 bc iron age settlement and others nearby in all directions.
If glastonbury with its sacred springs wasn't an important religious site to the druids and every other ancient briton before them well im at a loss where was !.

There are important Iron Age settlements all over Britain, some rather bigger than the one at Glastonbury. It doesn't follow that a population centre was necessarily a religious centre, although no doubt the residents practiced their religion there, in whatever form it took. Nor does it necessarily follow that the settlement had anything to do with the druids because there are some springs there. In the absence of any evidence, this is in the realms of the speculative at best.
Mustard
1043 posts

Jul 30, 2013, 21:05
woosh wrote:
Hi, its difficult to take this crazy world seriously that much is for certain.. on anglesey we only have historical evidence ( in roman writings ) of druids existence on the island , with no archeological evidence as such, only the oak groves associated with them.
While I most certainly do understand the importance of archeological evidence there are things it can and never will tell us about,. I merely used a turn of phrase in my previous comment to make my point.

All of which ignores the point I made... that we have no way of knowing what the druids did or didn't believe.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Jul 31, 2013, 08:29
I absolutely agree, and this knowledge most likely came from a previous lost culture eg. 'Atalantis'. Plato was not a gullible man, and Vedic thought refers to the vast antiquity of human culture beyond what our current paradigm asserts.

Glastonbury IS a chakra!

Namaste _/\_
Mustard
1043 posts

Jul 31, 2013, 09:01
Astralcat wrote:
I absolutely agree, and this knowledge most likely came from a previous lost culture eg. 'Atalantis'. Plato was not a gullible man, and Vedic thought refers to the vast antiquity of human culture beyond what our current paradigm asserts.

Glastonbury IS a chakra!

Namaste _/\_

Proof. Evidence. Yadda yadda. Yawn.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Jul 31, 2013, 09:09
Mustard wrote:
Astralcat wrote:

Glastonbury IS a chakra!

Namaste _/_

Proof. Evidence. Yadda yadda. Yawn.

The archeological evidence was covered up. Every pun intended.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jul 31, 2013, 09:43
Jul 31, 2013, 09:40
covered up....

What always puzzles me about cover-ups, whether it's the church or the MoD or NASA or the lizard people, is that if they managed to cover up the evidence so efficiently (and they must have if there's no evidence) how come they left evidence there was a cover-up?
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Jul 31, 2013, 10:00
This is one example of many. When I was researching the subject I was amazed at how many 'anomalies' are suppressed:

http://pleistocenecoalition.com/steen-mcintyre/Nexus_article.pdf
Pages: 31 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index