Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Heritage embarrassments - gold medal
Aug 16, 2012, 08:47
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

We discuss things openly on this forum and try to be civil to each other and respect each others opinions. 30 years of research is not being hasty my friend. I don't do rudeness so look elsewhere if you want an argument. End of.

I'm not looking for an argument, and I don't appreciate your tone.
Read back. I was perfectly civil, but you accused me of being hasty in assumption.
I thought that amusing coming from somebody making so many assumptions himself. (and trying to flog them too)

"We discuss things openly on this forum and respect others opinions"

Ha. I've been reading this forum a long, long time. Well before you posted here 'my friend'. I know it rather well.

I have no idea who you are Evergreen Dazed (intriguing name though) you seem knowledgeable and have obviously been around for quite a while. I don't entirely agree with what Sanctuary said - although appreciate his sentiments for saying it. There are a few good posters here and a few who have had an axe to grind (if you'll forgive the expression) the latter poisoning the water for the former - with a consequence that the majority just don't bother. I've read Sanctuary's book and thoroughly enjoyed it - it was well written and well researched. He never claims it as 'fact' only as a possibility. In archaeology there are trends and the 'goddess' trend seems to have fallen out out favour (along with God).
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index