Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Tidying up offerings
Jun 02, 2010, 21:33
revnox wrote:
Thank you tjj

Your welcome Revnox, your posts have been very interesting, though some of the exchanges have been a bit full on.

Re the christianised harvest festival ... isn't this what is celebrated to some extent at Lammas (loaf breaking). I often feel compelled to make a small offering of summer berries back to the earth around the end of summer - always done discreetly, usually under one of my favourite trees, an oak or an elder. Can't see how that can offend or hurt anyone.
revnox
92 posts

Jun 02, 2010, 21:42
I think that satisfies both the spirit and the non-harm, you can not say fairer than that.

Sorry If it seemed full on, my wife says I am a little obsessional.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jun 02, 2010, 21:46
revnox wrote:
Sorry If it seemed full on, my wife says I am a little obsessional.

You have probably come to the right place then.

Not that I am in any way implying that anyone who posts on here could be considered "obsessional", obviously. Least of all me.
gjrk
370 posts

Jun 02, 2010, 21:54
thesweetcheat wrote:
gjrk wrote:
Er. Sorry about that. I did go on a bit there.

...your hypothetical action might well be the most 'real' of all offerings. I wouldn't fancy tidying up after you though ;)

I'd keep the mess to a minimum - certainly wouldn't leave anything non-biodegradable afterwards.

:D
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jun 03, 2010, 01:12
Jun 02, 2010, 23:16
I agree that leaving such things is pretty ignorant, and there's little excuse for it....

Well none actually. How long is it that most pagans have been asking the self-gratifying minority of their fellows to keep to the ASLaN charter (which FULLY explains its own raison d'etre?) It's like the metal detectorists, 13 years and £20 million of state financed "education and persuasion" and most of them still don't tell anyone what they find. And some people STILL think their own wishes outrank the ASLaN charter. All this "the best way is to persuade, not condemn" is all very well but after how many years of failure to persuade is it OK to condemn? ;)

Take the little scrote that writes "Shite" in red spray paint on trees, walls, houses, windows and windscreens round my way. Should we recognise it's "complicated" and gently explain to him over a period of perhaps 11 years (the age of the ASLaN Charter) why, despite his personal conviction he is adding to the charm of the town and appeasing the Stourport Bogle, we think it's a tad antisocial, as is being suggested for these off-their-rocker offerers, or should we get him to clean it all up with his tonsils? Eh? Eh?

:>)
megadread
1202 posts

Jun 03, 2010, 01:10
nigelswift wrote:
I agree that leaving such things is pretty ignorant, and there's little excuse for it....

Take the little scrote that writes "Shite" in red spray paint on trees, walls, houses and windscreens round my way. Should we gently explain to him for 11 years (the age of the ASLaN Charter) why, despite his personal conviction he is adding to the charm of the town and appeasing the Stourport Bogle, we think it's a tad antisocial as is being suggested for these off-their-rocker offerers or should we get him to clean it all up with his tonsils? Eh? Eh?

:>)

Personally i'd twat him, and whilst he lay there dazed i'd offer him advice on a wiser path for his future, only if he wished to avoid the pitfalls of his current line of "work" of course. ; 0
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Jun 03, 2010, 07:23
revnox wrote:
goffik wrote:
I'm with you, J - I'll always remove any tat from the site. Leave it as you'd wish it to be left for you, eh? :)

G x

Glad to see the finer points of the discussion have been appreciated.

He got my point just fine!
revnox
92 posts

Jun 03, 2010, 07:28
juamei wrote:
revnox wrote:
goffik wrote:
I'm with you, J - I'll always remove any tat from the site. Leave it as you'd wish it to be left for you, eh? :)

G x

Glad to see the finer points of the discussion have been appreciated.

He got my point just fine!

This ws not pertaining to your point which is why I qualified the remark with "finer"
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 03, 2010, 09:01
Aw, bless - sorry to dent your ego, old fruit, but I was replying to Juamei's post. It had nothing to do with anything you'd typed.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 03, 2010, 09:12
The finer points of littering are as suspicious as the finer points of foxhunting and burglary methinks!
Pages: 31 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index