Blogs and websites of possible interest

Pages: 24 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Henge Hopper
May 01, 2011, 22:07
Lovely looking site, with all the info you'll need! Probably. :)

http://www.stonehenge-avebury-bus.org.uk/

G x
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Origins of the Japanese: Past Horizons
Jun 16, 2011, 06:58
Nice feature on the origins of the Japanese in Past Horizons. Features a pic of the Tatetsuki tumulus and standing stones.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Avebury - Graphic Novel: Tom Manning
Jul 28, 2011, 07:55
Avebury - Graphic Novel A short novel about the mysterious village of Avebury by Tom Manning.

“This is a university project that was given out in order to induct us into the second year of the Illustration course. The theme of the project was that it should be based in the strange village of Avebury, north of Stonehenge, UK.”

Still at the cliff-hanger stage, but of possible interest to lovers of graphic novels and manga.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Avebury - Graphic Novel: Tom Manning
Jul 28, 2011, 13:01
I saw this on The Journal - as a fan of the graphic novel, I have to say I'm really impressed by the artwork! Hope to see this in full one day.

G x
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jul 28, 2011, 14:47
goffik wrote:
I saw this on The Journal - as a fan of the graphic novel, I have to say I'm really impressed by the artwork! Hope to see this in full one day.

G x

Aye, the fella’s got style, and I reckon the dude with the shades works for English Heritage ;-)
Resonox
604 posts

Jul 28, 2011, 14:57
A cracking little piece of work.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 28, 2011, 21:25
Resonox wrote:
A cracking little piece of work.

Tis indeed! :) Up there, quality-wise, with some great works...

Littlestone wrote:
Aye, the fella’s got style, and I reckon the dude with the shades works for English Heritage ;-)

The chap that describes himself as "An Employer"? Heh! That'd empty The Lion pretty sharpish if he went around saying things like that! :D ;)

G x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Discover World Heritage in South West England
Jul 29, 2011, 08:06
I've never seen this before! Nice focus on Avebury & Stonehenge. Probably of more interest to newcomers.

"Discover 185 million years of history

World HeritageSouth West England is blessed with four unique UNESCO World Heritage Sites. These are outstanding cultural and natural sites which illustrate the common heritage of mankind. They are ours to share, to cherish and to respect. Countries signed up to the World Heritage Convention make an international commitment to safeguard these sites for future generations. You can do your bit to help protect them by using 'green transport' - leaving your car behind and reducing traffic congestion and pollution."

http://www.worldheritagesouthwest.org.uk/

G x
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Re: Discover World Heritage in South West England
Jul 29, 2011, 09:19
goffik wrote:
You can do your bit to help protect them by using 'green transport' - leaving your car behind and reducing traffic congestion and pollution."

Yay to this bit. But only if people actually use the transport to make it sustainable.
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Re: Discover World Heritage in South West England
Jul 29, 2011, 09:22
Not too impressed. Given the wealth of stuff in Cornwall, it's only showing industrial heritage siites (eg in West Penwith) and a few B&Bs and stately homes/gardens.
Pages: 24 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index