Pages: 24 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Discover World Heritage in South West England
Jul 29, 2011, 12:50
ocifant wrote:
Not too impressed. Given the wealth of stuff in Cornwall, it's only showing industrial heritage siites (eg in West Penwith) and a few B&Bs and stately homes/gardens.

Welllll, nuts to you then! :D

I think the only WHSes in Cornwall are mining-related. As far as I'm concerned, it should ALL be WHS, of course! But it's not all about yer ruddy stones, you know. ;)

And as I said - it might well suit the newcomer more than a seasoned stonehugger like your good self. I didn't post the link with you in mind. It's not all about you, you, you, you know! ;) :P

G x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 29, 2011, 12:55
Thought you might like that! :)

Depends how reliable/expensive it is, I guess... Costs me the same to drive to work as it does to get the train, for example (I normally get the train, but sometimes drive due to various old-person-related ailments) - not much of an incentive, in my opinion! Especially when the car takes me door-to-door, and the train has a half hour walk at the end of it!

But yeah - nice idea on paper. :)

G x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Day of Archaeology 2011
Jul 29, 2011, 15:03
"A day in the life of 400 archaeologists.

Explore the topics, view a list of the latest contributions, or see our tag cloud below. You can also see all entries, and explore topics from the navigation at the top of each page. Entries will be added to the site all day, and for up to a week afterwards. We hope that you enjoy exploring the world of archaeology!"

http://www.dayofarchaeology.com/
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Jul 29, 2011, 15:29
When I was in Cornwall recently I saw some of that there industrial heritage malarkey. I can understand that some people find it really interesting, but it wasn't for me I'm afraid.

I agree that the whole of West Penrith (sic) deserves to a be WHS - I wonder if any campaigning organisations would be interested in taking up that particular mantle?

;-)
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

The Prehistoric Society
Sep 02, 2011, 19:49
The Prehistoric Society homepage is here, and an example of one of their earlier pages is here.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: The Old Road ...
Sep 03, 2011, 19:48
http://www.pilgrimsway.net/profile.html
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 04, 2011, 07:19
tjj wrote:

Nice site June. I get my 'paths' books out in the middle of Winter as it's lovely to reflect on walks one did in the summer months but also sad to see many former smaller well establish local pathways of old not being used now regularly and becoming overgrown and unpassable in places.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Sep 04, 2011, 20:10
Sanctuary wrote:
tjj wrote:

Nice site June. I get my 'paths' books out in the middle of Winter as it's lovely to reflect on walks one did in the summer months but also sad to see many former smaller well establish local pathways of old not being used now regularly and becoming overgrown and unpassable in places.

Very similar to the Santiago Camino books. There is a Scottish pilgrim walks book coming out soon. Cheers June.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Stonehenge WHS Interactive Map
Sep 05, 2011, 11:17
By clicking on any of the blue buttons on English Heritage’s Stonehenge WHS Interactive Map the reader is taken to photos and more information on the area being looked at. The website also includes a good panoramic view of Stonehenge, along with further information on The Cursus, Woodhenge etc.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

This is Our Temple: by Robyne Maria Dreamweaver
Sep 11, 2011, 08:35
This is Our Temple by Robyne Maria Dreamweaver. Other animated videos by CelestialElf can be found on the same page.
Pages: 24 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index