The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Dogs off the lead / dogma on a lead

19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
scubi63
463 posts

Re: Dogs off the lead / dogma on a lead
Jan 11, 2009, 17:39
I got to agree with most of what has been said by AGW.
Dog owners are responsible for their pets and should always clear up behind them. Not having bins around is not an excuse. Owners should carry a sealable container with them and then bag said poo and put in container for later disposal.
As for dogs on leads...I am a guilty party here as I let Rex roam about around the circle. I don't do it if there are livestock about and also if it is busy (but normally I would avoid Avebury then anyway). My excuse here is that Rex is quite well behaved and stays within a few yards of me and often ignores most other dogs unless he comes face to face. I think the problem here is with those owners who dogs can't be controlled (sometimes even when they are on leads).
So in the end of the day you are right but it should be remember that not all owner or their dog are the same and the good ones shouldn't be blamed for the behavour of the bad ones.

Don't even get me started on people who allow their kids to treat our heritage like a playground. It makes me........

;o)

Scubes

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index