The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Standing with Stones DVD

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BuckyE
468 posts

Re: America
Feb 01, 2008, 18:36
Thank you for your kind offer! For now, though, sell the videos you have. Recoup your costs and when you've some money back in hand, come back here and announce the NTSC version for sale. (Or do we Yanks want PAL? I can never remember.)

In the meantime, we'll see which happens first: video viewing or UK visit. Gives us something else to anticipate, see?
rockartwolf
rockartwolf
588 posts

Re: Standing with Stones DVD
Feb 01, 2008, 18:37
Hi Michael,

The dvd arrived yesterday, spent thursday night watching it, excellent work.

ta very much.
Rupert Soskin
234 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 19:24
Jane, I don't know what to say... thanks very much. I shall go immediately to your website

Rupert
Michael Bott
60 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 23:25
Jane,

I've seen your blog and to hear it so clearly that (if only for you) we have achieved what we set out to do - to realise from the feedback we've had from all the good folk here that people are just 'getting' what the film is for and what it's about - is more than we could have hoped for and we are quite overwhelmed.

Thank you for taking the trouble to write those words - this sort of thing means a lot to us.

Michael.
Michael Bott
60 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 23:25
Jane,

I've seen your blog and to hear it so clearly that (if only for you) we have achieved what we set out to do - to realise from the feedback we've had from all the good folk here that people are just 'getting' what the film is for and what it's about - is more than we could have hoped for and we are quite overwhelmed.

Thank you for taking the trouble to write those words - this sort of thing means a lot to us.

Michael.
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Feb 02, 2008, 11:51
scubi63 wrote:
Rupert Soskin wrote:

I'm tempted take you up on your offer of skivvying. Although I'm not sure you fully appreciate the wholesale squallor we are capable of creating.

Having brought up my two sons through their teenage years and into Uni and living in a 100% male home (including the dog) I think you can appreciate the squallor I can and have endured.
I would send you a picture of younger sons bedroom to prove it but fear it may haunt your dreams ;o)

I actually do plan a short trip to Fernworthy as it is not to far from me really but I do like the thought of the Isle of Lewis.. that did seem quite magical but then there's the tree trunk in Bryn Celli Ddu...

Oh god...might have to put on that DVD again...where's me maps

:o)

Scubi

Scubi, if you get the chance you really MUST go to Lewis. Callanish aside, there is just a wealth of amazing sites and the whole atmosphere of the island is magical.....I feel homesick for it every day I am not there(and I'm from Blackburn!) ;-)
scubi63
463 posts

Feb 02, 2008, 23:33
Vicster wrote:

Scubi, if you get the chance you really MUST go to Lewis. Callanish aside, there is just a wealth of amazing sites and the whole atmosphere of the island is magical.....I feel homesick for it every day I am not there(and I'm from Blackburn!) ;-)

It is definately high on the list of my "must do's" Vicster.
I also have to take into account my old and loyal dog, Rex.
Its a long way to drive and i am not sure about how he would cope with flying.
As a matter of interest can anybody recommend a nice dof friendly place to stay on the island?

Scubi
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Feb 03, 2008, 13:28
scubi63 wrote:
Vicster wrote:

It is definately high on the list of my "must do's" Vicster.
I also have to take into account my old and loyal dog, Rex.
Its a long way to drive and i am not sure about how he would cope with flying.
As a matter of interest can anybody recommend a nice dof friendly place to stay on the island?

Scubi

He might not like the journey but once he is there, with huge, glorious beaches all to himself, he'll think he has died and gone to doggie Valhalla!

Sorry can't help you with the accommodation though.....
moss
moss
2897 posts

Feb 08, 2008, 18:41
Mine arrived today, absolutely marvellous and I am so pleased that Stanton Drew gets a good mention, being the poor third sister to the other two down here. Pig-sticking amongst the timber circles? thought that was Avebury's role....
Michael Bott
60 posts

Feb 08, 2008, 19:36
moss wrote:
Mine arrived today, absolutely marvellous and I am so pleased that Stanton Drew gets a good mention, being the poor third sister to the other two down here. Pig-sticking amongst the timber circles? thought that was Avebury's role....

And here's us, thinking we were stirring it up with that idea! The only other guy we know of to even vaguely hint at the notion is Mike Pitts in 'Hengeworld' - and he was talking about evidence at Durrington Walls. Who else do you know has voiced that theory?

Michael
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index