135 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: 2008 Avebury Megameet
Jul 01, 2008, 08:34
Very well said, LS!

Yeah - we all had a great time, as usual.

It was, as ever, an absolute pleasure to see you all. I came away as I always do with the feeling that we should do it more often!

So many people, so little time to talk to you all properly!

Superb to see the usual suspects, along with new faces (to me, anyway!) Chance and Scubi - even Cropredy came over to say hello to a few people, which was nice! And nice to reacquaint with those I've not really had much of a chance to speak with previously - Spaceship Mark, amd (nee WhipAngel) and Mrs amd (nee Mrs WhipAngel) in particular. ;)

And what a lovely surprise to see Pilgrim! Next time we're down Dartmoor way, we'll give you a shout!

Mini Goff looks superb his t-shirts. Thank you so much for those, amd... So very thoughtful! I shall forward you some pics when I get them on my PC.

All in all a great day!

Moth took us up to see Avebury Down Stone Circle (http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/6854/penning.html), which was far more spectacular than I'd imagined! Although I think we were all agreed that it was more of a cairn circle than a stone circle, but it didn't diminish what was a really lovely site. And yes - I got a bit sunburned on the ol' noggin too! But it was worth it just to see that lovely circle and those hares. :)

Chance mentioned the possibility of meeting up again at Lammas (beginning of August, I believe) - could be good if anyone fancies it?

Until next time...

G x (and Mrs G & Mini G)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index