135 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited Jul 07, 2008, 14:31
Re: 2008 Avebury Megameet
Jul 01, 2008, 07:28
Ach, what can I say, you're a lovely bunch of people.

Three years ago I nearly didn't go to the first Avebury Megameet - the crossover from cyberspace to the 'real' meeting with people seemed just a bit too daunting. Then someone insisted I should go, so I did - and like I say what I found was a lovely bunch of people. So if anyone's feeling like I did three years ago (a bit daunted or whatever) forget it - at the next Megameet all you'll find are nice people with similar megalithic interests as your own.

Over twenty people showed up and there were two canine attendees as well :-) Gotta say though that the real star of the show was mini-Goff in his new playsuit with whipangel's brilliant T-shirt design. Thanks for that wA (and S), it was really kind of you to do the T-shirts and hand them out like that.

There are always personal snapshot memories - like meeting Chance, Pilgrim, scubi, Spaceship mark and Vybik Jon for the first time. It's really weird, and really lovely, to stand around chatting with people you've already chatted to in forums but have never met face-to-face. Then there are the people who you have met before and who have become friends. People who have been on TMA and other places longer than most and who have contributed so much to our understanding, protection and appreciation of the megalithic world; for those people it's hard to find the right words, other than thank you for those who were there and to the continued spiritual presence of those who are sadly no longer with us.

Sorry you missed us Rockabilly (and others who couldn't make it) but hope to see you all next year (which will be the 4th Avebury Megameet and one which BuckyE and Loie from the States have promised not to miss. Looking forward to it already :-)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index