The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
2008 Avebury Megameet

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postman
848 posts

Re: Kilmartin
Jan 13, 2008, 17:56
Whirlwind is my middle name, I wanted to go see Strontoiller stone circle so will be going north in the next month or two aswell.
rockartwolf
rockartwolf
588 posts

Re: 2008 Avebury Megameet
Jan 13, 2008, 18:15
postman wrote:

When would Cian be thinking of, I'm always up for another look round Kilmartin, I allways get carried away by the stones so haven't seen half the rockart.

Not quite sure what dates Ken has planned...
BuckyE
468 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 14:43
Alas for the 2008 meet and us. Loie has agreed, after much soul- and budget searching, that next year (2009) we might be able to go Driving the Stone Age in Turkey. (Gobekli and Karahan Tepe, Catal Hoyuck, Cayonu, and associated museums.) I'm in the throes of trying to figure out how best to do that, which is one reason I'm so far behind on posting here.

Given limited funds for travel, she's decided we'll have to stay close to home this year to afford DtSA VIII in Turkey next year. So we won't be attending Megameet 2009. If anyone has a suggestion for an illustration, I'll whip up a file from which you all can make shirts!

If any of you duffers feels rich, come to Turkey.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 18:54
...please see my post to the 2008 Megameet thread!

Yup, just saw it BuckE. Well, you could still do Turkey either this year or next (via Avebury of course ;-) and remember, getting to Turkey from here is dirt cheap. Will email you when I see some cheap deals advertised for Turkey if you like.
BuckyE
468 posts

Feb 02, 2008, 00:03
Well, you are a friend and a prince. It's not so much the GETTING to Turkey that concerns us. It's the getting around once there. There's going to be a lot of ground to cover, and some obscure places to reach. Or maybe they'll turn out not to be so obscure, but the few people who have replied to my emails and message board postings seem to feel we need some advance arranging.

And budget is a consideration. We just won't have the cash to go this year. So, perhaps we'll be able to combine the 2009 meet with Turkey! Yay!
Michael Bott
60 posts

Feb 04, 2008, 19:59
Jane wrote:
Great! May I start the bidding (for no particular reason) with Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 June?

Is this date a goer?

I would love to come and meet you guys. And maybe Rupert too if he's over at the time (he lives in France).

Michael.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Feb 04, 2008, 20:20
Is this date a goer?

29 June is the only firm date we've got so far so could be we'll go with that. There's still nearly five months between then and now though so the date could change. Probably fix it for sure at the beginning of May. Will bump the thread up every now and then to remind people it's happening. Hope you and Rupert can make it. The last two years have been attended by some of the loveliest people you'd ever hope to meet.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Feb 05, 2008, 13:28
Still planning to be there, LS.

And looking forward to meeting Michael B now, too. (Though with any luck we'll have already met him at the SWS DVD launch in ChippyN on 15 April.)

J
x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Feb 05, 2008, 13:59
Excellent! Pretty sure the date is alright for us lot an' all - be good to see you guys again!

G x
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Feb 05, 2008, 14:00
That's great Jane.

Hope Michael and Rupert can make it 'cause I want them to sign a copy of their DVD for me :-)

xx
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index