Long Man of Wilmington - URGENT HELP NEEDED

Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
VenerableBottyBurp
675 posts

Re: Long Man of Wilmington - URGENT HELP NEEDED
Jul 03, 2007, 09:55
Squid Tempest wrote:
Quote from the beeb site: "The channel (ITV) added it was taking "the utmost care... to protect this historical site". "

"The figure itself will not be permanently changed or affected in any way," a statement added."

B*ll*cks it wasn't! They have contributed towards the erosion, so how did that not affect it? Grrrr.

As so ably demonstrated by the use of hill figures by TV's Big Brother, car manufacturers, red nose day collectors, the hunt lobby, pranksters, and now celebrity fashion aesthetes : it encourages others to increasingly and similarly desecrate these sites and damage them by trespass and contact both direct and indirect.

VBB
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 09:55
"Empowering women" this can be achieved by asking 80 women to lay submissively round a giant figure of The Long Man of Wilmington to show what precisely.... Words fail me, we should let Germain Greer off the leash for this one - T and S to be publicly torn apart, verbally of course ;)
As for Sussex Trust allowing this travesty to go on, again I can't believe they would sink so low....
Rowan_1
24 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 11:06
to borrow a phrase - cupid stunts!
Cursuswalker
Cursuswalker
597 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 13:23
moss wrote:
"Empowering women" this can be achieved by asking 80 women to lay submissively round a giant figure of The Long Man of Wilmington to show what precisely.... Words fail me, we should let Germain Greer off the leash for this one - T and S to be publicly torn apart, verbally of course ;)
As for Sussex Trust allowing this travesty to go on, again I can't believe they would sink so low....

One of the taunts thrown up the hill at them was continuos BAA-ing, as they did what they were told. Sit down, lie down, get up, trample on that bit of archaeology.

The owners have previously been excellent custodians of the site, so this is a VERY worrying development.
slumpystones
769 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 14:45
Cursuswalker wrote:
One of the taunts thrown up the hill at them was continuos BAA-ing, as they did what they were told. Sit down, lie down, get up, trample on that bit of archaeology.

Sheep are notoriously hard to train...though not as hard as a coachload of bints!
Cursuswalker
Cursuswalker
597 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 16:11
Why not comment in the local Pagan-friendly rag?

http://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/news?articleid=2997769

Lots of comments will push it up the news agenda. They go to press on Thursday.
Stix
2 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 16:46
The Long Man of Wilmington's elbow has slipped. Trinny, Suzannah & their fellow tippy toe telly totties have caused some soil erosion. Heritage site experts are going to investigate tmrw (wed.)
tomwatts
376 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 16:48
I don't know much about computers, but wouldn't it have been quicker, cheaper, easier, and less controversial, to do the alterations using "Paint" or something?
Cursuswalker
Cursuswalker
597 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 16:53
New Eastbourne Herald story: http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news?articleid=2997439
Cursuswalker
Cursuswalker
597 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 16:53
tomwatts wrote:
I don't know much about computers, but wouldn't it have been quicker, cheaper, easier, and less controversial, to do the alterations using "Paint" or something?

Simple answer?

Yes.
Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index