Books of possible interest

Pages: 47 – [ Previous | 124 25 26 27 28 29 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Shropshire - An Archaeological Guide
May 16, 2011, 12:27
Yes, good idea, in fact a proper bibliography. Not sure how it would be arranged though – by regions? subject matter? author? We’d also need to be able to edit and add to it, but contributors to TMA can’t do that here. Could do it on WordPress though, and link to it from here... any volunteers :-)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

May 16, 2011, 12:31
Littlestone wrote:
Yes, good idea, in fact a proper bibliography. Not sure how it would be arranged though – by regions? subject matter? author? We’d also need to be able to edit and add to it, but contributors to TMA can’t do that here. Could do it on WordPress though, and link to it from here... any volunteers :-)

My previous thoughts were above - I note the "not volunteering" comment!

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=40183&message=738886
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

May 16, 2011, 13:13
Blogger has an internal search engine now that can be uploaded to a blog; by typing in say, Shropshire, it’d throw up anything on the blog about Shropshire. Stuff from here could be cut and pasted to a Bibliography blog and, although it wouldn’t be arranged logically in any way, it would be easier to find places, titles or authors.
danielspaniel
danielspaniel
90 posts

A Freedom to Roam Guide to the Brighton Downs
May 16, 2011, 14:49
by Dave Bangs.

Lots on the archaeology of the Downs, and a trove of other historical info. A must-have for those interested in the area...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freedom-Roam-Guide-Brighton-Downs/dp/095486381X
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Prehistoric Sites of Montgomeryshire
May 16, 2011, 19:01
"Prehistoric Sites of Montgomeryshire" - Beth McCormack (2006 Logaston Press).

Volume XI in Logaston's excellent "Monuments in the Landscape" series.

Includes detailed background chapters on Stone, Bronze and Iron Age in Montgomeryshire and surrounding areas. Details of over 30 principle sites, with access details, some plans and photos. 163pp.

A number of the earlier volumes in the series are out of print, but they are well worth seeking out.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Prehistoric Sites of Herefordshire
May 16, 2011, 19:05
"Prehistoric Sites of Herefordshire" - George Children and George Nash (1994 Logaston Press).

The first volume in Logaston's "Monuments in the Landscape" series.

Similar to the other volumes mentioned above. 133pp, B&W illustrated throughout.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Prehistoric Sites of Monmouthshire
May 16, 2011, 19:07
"Prehistoric Sites of Monmouthshire" - George Children and George Nash (1996 Logaston).

Volume 4 in the "Monuments in the Landscape" series (Vols 2 and 3 concerned medieval sites). 128pp, B&W illustrated throughout.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Neolithic Sites of Cardiganshire, etc
May 16, 2011, 19:11
"Neolithic Sites of Cardiganshire, Camarthenshire and Pembrokeshire" - George Children and George Nash (Logaston Press).

Volume V in the "Monuments in the Landscape" series. I don't have this one, so can't tell you what it covers or how many page, etc. It strays away from the previous volumes by covering a much briefer time-span.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Prehistoric Sites of Gower and West Glamorgan
May 16, 2011, 19:14
"Prehistoric Sites of Gower and West Glamorgan" - George Children and George Nash (Logaston Press)

Volume VII in the "Monuments in the Landscape". I don't have this one either, and it's out of print as far as I can tell. Should be second hand copies about though.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Re: Prehistoric Sites of Gower and West Glamorgan
May 16, 2011, 19:27
thesweetcheat wrote:
"Prehistoric Sites of Gower and West Glamorgan" - George Children and George Nash (Logaston Press)

Volume VII in the "Monuments in the Landscape". I don't have this one either, and it's out of print as far as I can tell. Should be second hand copies about though.

Amendment to the above - it's by Wendy Hughes, not the two Georges.
Pages: 47 – [ Previous | 124 25 26 27 28 29 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index